Official THOR: RAGNAROK Thread

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
Alright so now that my hype has died down a bit I'll post up a little review of what I though of the movie. The movie didn't have many cons about it aside from a few little things which note later. So

Pros

Having the inclusion of another hero (doctor strange) really helps you appreciate the world building that the mcu have done over the years. I love that he didn't feel like a forced cameo. His presence made sense and he wasn't on screen for too long to draw attention away from the main characters. I also love that he's matured as a person and grown in power with his magic.

The overall story was interesting. From Hela wanting to bring Asgard back to the glory days to the Ragnarok prophecy coming true with nothing to stop it was extremely refreshing to see and very unique from the usual formula. I found Hela's character the most surprising because I wasn't expecting her to throw in so many historical and colonist ideals but at the same time it made a lot of sense as to why her train of thought was like that. When your father raises you as a terrorist for how many centuries and locks you away it's understandable why you'd be upset at how everything's changed upon your release.

When she said the line "Proud to have it, shamed of how he got it", that shyt resonated with me because it's exactly how white america acts in this day and age. When she broke the picture to reveal the glory days of Asgardians terrorizing entire realms it reminded me of how white people are currently in the process of rewriting history, like how they tried to write how slaves were actually immigrants looking for work. I believe there was a line from the Grandmaster saying that he didn't like the slave word either and preferred the term "prisoners with jobs". For these reasons I think she should be placed as one of marvels greatest villains as she's a very thorough character all whilst being hot as fukk and extremely powerful.

Valkyrie's addition to the team was outstanding. Her intro was hilarious and I thought her character was also very thorough and interesting because behind her hilarious drunk personality she was a drunk veteran who wanted to drink her problems away.

Heimdal finally getting a more focused plot line was greatly appreciated. I was tired of seeing that dude being a glorified gate keeper. Like this is a dude that can see everything, he should be way bigger as a character.

Finally the humour was well..humourish. Not much else to say about it really. Most jokes fit where they were supposed to fit with a few awkward out of places jokes here and there but that's about it. But my fav bits would be "Get Help", Thor falling down the stairs when Doctor Strange switched rooms, Valyrie's drunk intro, Thor trying to do the lullaby on Hulk and damn near every moment with Korg. My mans stayed wanting to start a revolution :mjlol:

Cons

I did not like the Grandmaster. He was too weird and that's saying a lot for a marvel movie. As I said earlier some jokes didn't stick and it was basically most of his.

Loki while fun was as Thor said, predictable. Even in the end when he showed up to save everyone we know damn well he took that teseract and is still scheming some shyt in the background. I know this behavior is expected from a god of mischief but I didn't like it very much.

So with all that said I think I can claim with sound mind that this is up there with Marvels greatest hits. My official list now is

The Avengers
CA: Winter Soldier
CA: Civil War
Thor: Ragnarok
Doctor Strange
GOTG
Spider-Man: Homecoming

Last edited:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
tumblr_oxgq9iOLGq1wdcvuqo1_400.gif
tumblr_oxgq9iOLGq1wdcvuqo2_400.gif

:wow:

Code

Banned
Daps
Alright so now that my hype has died down a bit I'll post up a little review of what I though of the movie. The movie didn't have many cons about it aside from a few little things which note later. So

So with all that said I think I can claim with sound mind that this is up there with Marvels greatest hits. My official list now is

The Avengers
CA: Winter Soldier
CA: Civil War
Thor: Ragnarok
Doctor Strange
GOTG
Spider-Man: Homecoming

List is invalid without Ironman 1 :ufdup:

That movie is the Marvel blueprint

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I enjoyed the movie but I thought the plot was weak and the movie was overly dependent on laughs.

Banner jumping and slacking into the bridge was a classic moment tho