I watched Fight Club countless of times and never realized this!

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the movie, there are way too many incidents where people react to marla and bob, there are NONE where people react to tyler. plus with tyler there are the random flashes of him in scenes and shyt.

There been several times they reacted to Tyler... if anything... hardly ANYONE reacted to "Jack" unless he's in one of his other personas.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A prime example was when that MOB BOSS was fighting Tyler over using the basement for their fight club session. People interacted to "Jack's" different personas. The question you SHOULD be asking is what was reality and what was his actual hallucination? And how far deep was he in his hallucinations.

It's almost like in Taxi Driver where Travis Bickle had lapses of reality.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The heavy implication that "Jack" was coming to these different support groups as different personas pretty much states his had multiple schizophrenia. The movie even starts off stating he had sleeping issues to imply he already had other persona existing in him even BEFORE meeting Tyler.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Top 5 movie...even if u havnt read the book, check out Planuiks other works, all his shyt is brilliant

"Survivor" is incredible
tender branson....

i remember when they were contemplating making this a movie, and having spacey play branson

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The more I think about it now... the way the members had more and loyal respect for Tyler and hardly none for the narrator makes me wonder if ANY of the members of Fight Club is actually real or imagined. Like I said, they are reactive to Tyler and basically only listens to Tyler.

EDIT: I WAS RIGHT! Check this scene out. If you pay attention closely as "John" was walking passed the bar, nobody was at the bar... then someone miraculously appears seconds later!

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If all that is true, this muthafukker must have the record for most multiple personalities in recorded history. And those were some vivid ass hallucinations :whoo:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
tender branson....

i remember when they were contemplating making this a movie, and having spacey play branson
yeah....then 911 happened I believe, and you couldnt do shyt like that anymore.....there was even an online petition that didnt work

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The more I think about it now... the way the members had more and loyal respect for Tyler and hardly none for the narrator makes me wonder if ANY of the members of Fight Club is actually real or imagined. Like I said, they are reactive to Tyler and basically only listens to Tyler.

EDIT: I WAS RIGHT! Check this scene out. If you pay attention closely as "John" was walking passed the bar, nobody was at the bar... then someone miraculously appears seconds later!

you're doing entirely too much thinking... this theory has been out there since the movie dropped

it's just not true.. i know you want to believe man... like people want to interpret the end of inception or sopranos

it's fun to do.. it's cool to think about... but no... no man.. it's been pretty much been confirmed by the creators and actresses and actors... marla being real was never even a question to the story

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you're doing entirely too much thinking... this theory has been out there since the movie dropped

it's just not true.. i know you want to believe man... like people want to interpret the end of inception or sopranos

it's fun to do.. it's cool to think about... but no... no man.. it's been pretty much been confirmed by the creators and actresses and actors... marla being real was never even a question to the story

Then please tell me where did that bartender come from???? There was NOBODY there when he walked passed the bar at all.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Then please tell me where did that bartender come from???? There was NOBODY there when he walked passed the bar at all.
from the back room nikka... under the bar grabbing a bottle... how should i know??

this is why i said i hate when people do this... you have zero proof, just theories... which are good.. and you can make up all sorts of stuff.. they have entire websites dedicated to fans who write up theories that work perfectly with hundreds of movies

that doesn't make it true... i go with what the people who created it think... and they don't get down with this theory

that doesn't make it a bad theory.. but it's a theory... not facts

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
from the back room nikka... under the bar grabbing a bottle... how should i know??

this is why i said i hate when people do this... you have zero proof, just theories... which are good.. and you can make up all sorts of stuff.. they have entire websites dedicated to fans who write up theories that work perfectly with hundreds of movies

that doesn't make it true... i go with what the people who created it think... and they don't get down with this theory

that doesn't make it a bad theory.. but it's a theory... not facts

Now you are reaching... Especially when "Jack" was peeking at the backroom and there was no alternate passage and it was in the matter of split seconds.

He imagined it.... that was clear proof of him imagining it.