Got damn Keyshia Cole is still fine

Ish Gibor

Omnipresence
Daps
She actually did a 23andme genetic test a couple years ago and shared her results:

She's really mixed, but mainly Black/Mexican/Spanish and some Filipino/Asian.
Some Ashkenazi, probably stemming from her Mexican heritage (a lot of Mexicans have Ashkenazi in their blood).

What makes the "mixed race claim" complicated, is that there is a long history attached to this admixture. We also deal with sociological aspects, as she has lived her life as a Black female, as that has been her experience (or at least I assume so).

More is needed to understand her lineage and at what point in time this mixture came in. That determines someone being "mix race / biracial and having admixture". It could be her Filipino/Asian heritage came in early centuries ago, and became part of her family gene composition.

We know that some Filipino/Asian (in small numbers) were taken to the Southern parts of the 13 colonies and some wren taken to Mexico. We also know that parts of Mexico used to be what is not the USA and that Black Mexicans reside mostly in the North from what was told. This is why Jessica Alba was shocked to not have any (or little) Black ancestry, she's from the Northern part. She was even upset about it.

On average a Mexican is around 5% Black (African heritage). Not sure if this has to do with locations in Mexico. We also know that enslaved Africans were taken from Madagascar.

"Enslaved Africans came from or through major coastal regions that had been labeled by Europeans as the Grain Coast (consisting of Senegal, Gambia, Guinea, Sierra Leone and parts of Liberia), Windward Coast (Ivory Coast and Liberia), Gold Coast (Ghana west of the Volta River), Bight of Benin (between the Volta and Benin Rivers), Bight of Biafra (east of the Benin River to Gabon), Central Africa (Gabon, Congo, and Angola), and the southern coast of Africa (from the cape of Good Hope to Cape Delgado, including the island of Madagascar)."

Technically all of us in the new world are "mixed" to some extent and to different varieties. I am dark skin look like Kane and Rakim, have around 20% non-African admixture from a variety of places from all continents outside of Africa. What is determining to be mixed, what constitutes that? Physically nobody considers me a mixed person.

Like Keyshia my largest set is Nigerian and second largest set is Sierra Leonian.

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GMI7EpUXEAAxvlm

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
https://twitter.com/REALshytTATL/status/1787281900823887914