European vs North American description of the Moors

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Swagnificent
Good lord you're not very smart breh. This was my first post on this thread, on page 4.
Moors were a mixture of Black africans (West Africa) and Berbers (North Africa). One thing is sure though, they were all Muslims
So where's the double talk? lol at coming in here with an attitude instead of actually reading the contents of posts.

Are you telling me that people from modern day Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya were black 1300 years ago? :dead:
The Berbers of that time and the Berbers of today are pretty much the same people. When the Muslim Caliphate took over the land they did not change the demographics of the region. The Berbers simply adopted the Arabic language. Go back to the drawing board and learn your history breh.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Swagnificent
Good lord you're not very smart breh. This was my first post on this thread, on page 4.

So where's the double talk? lol at coming in here with an attitude instead of actually reading the contents of posts.

Are you telling me that people from modern day Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya were black 1300 years ago? :dead:
The Berbers of that time and the Berbers of today are pretty much the same people. When the Muslim Caliphate took over the land they did not change the demographics of the region. The Berbers simply adopted the Arabic language. Go back to the drawing board and learn your history breh.

FALSE. Ibn Battuta, probably the most prominent Arab historian of all-time, traveled throughout the ancient world and described Somalia (and the rest of the Horn of Africa) as "Land of the Berbers."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Battuta

From Aden, Ibn Battuta embarked on a ship heading for Zeila on the coast of Somalia. He then moved on to Cape Guardafui further down the Somalia seaboard, spending about a week in each location. Later he would visit Mogadishu, the then pre-eminent city of the "Land of the Berbers" (بلد البربر Balad al-Barbar, the medieval Arabic term for the Horn of Africa)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_(region)

Barbara,[1] also referred to as Bilad al-Barbar (Land of the Berbers), was an ancient region on the northern coast of theSomalia. The area was inhabited by the Eastern Baribah or Barbaroi (Berbers), as the ancestors of the Somalis were referred to by medieval Arab and ancient Greek geographers, respectively

this is how the residents of mogadishu looked in the past

indigenous-authorities-1901.jpg

and this how they look today

Sequence-65.Still036.jpg

CLEARLY THEY ARE BLACK PEOPLE. Or lemme guess? you gon argue they ain't black. :stopitslime:

this is what pure Berbers looked like. they were black. and since you guys love DNA so much, guess what y-DNA haplogroup somalians are in? yep. the exact same one as the current white berbers inhabiting north africa. the modern north africans are simply the descendants of the true black berbers from east africa who fukked the white/eurasian women from southern europe/western asia and produced the mongrel populations of modern day north africa.

Last edited:

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Swagnificent :dead: this is getting ridiculous now. I'm Somali myself and I can tell you for sure that Somalis are not Berbers :laff:

It was a nickname given to us by Ibn Batutta. Yes we have some physical similarities with Tuaregs, just like Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans and North Sudanese people look quite similar.

DNA analysis has also found commonalities between Berber populations and those of the Sami people of Scandinavia showing a link dating from around 9,000 years ago.

Just drop it son :deadrose:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
This is why I'm kinda :heh: when people call me mixed. My Dad's family is black, my Mom's family is from Corsica and Sicily, but my great grandparents on her side are said to be Moroccan. When I point this out, white people can't comprehend the fact that the Moors were black, and instead insist on calling me mixed.

:mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Swagnificent :dead: this is getting ridiculous now. I'm Somali myself and I can tell you for sure that Somalis are not Berbers :laff:

It was a nickname given to us by Ibn Batutta. Yes we have some physical similarities with Tuaregs, just like Somalis, Ethiopians, Eritreans and North Sudanese people look quite similar.

DNA analysis has also found commonalities between Berber populations and those of the Sami people of Scandinavia showing a link dating from around 9,000 years ago.

Just drop it son :deadrose:

the point here isn't whether or not somalians are "berbers" as the world is used today. the point I'm making is that the arabs and cacs of the past referred to black people (specifically east africans) as berbers.

our entire discussion today is about historical uses of words not their modern connotations. you've pretty much proved my point by saying that the term Berber referred to black people 1000 years ago just like the word Moor did.

we already know modern history has been white washed by white supremacy. the word moor today means something different from what it was 1000 years ago. I'm talking about how the term was used 1000 years ago and who would or wouldn't be a moor.

1,000 years ago, the Moors were black so were the Berbers. the fact Ibn Batutta called somalians berbers is proof to that.

Last edited:

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you a cac. you ain't foolin no one. and the point here isn't whether or not somalians are "berbers" as the world is used today. the point I'm making is that the arabs and cacs of the past referred to black people (specifically east africans) as berbers.

our entire discussion today is about historically uses of words not their modern connotations. we already know modern history has been white washed by white supremacy. the word moor today means something different from what it was 1000 years ago. I'm talking about how the term was used 1000 years ago and who would or wouldn't be a moor.

1,000 years ago, the Moors were black so were the Berbers. the fact Ibn Batutta called somalians berbers is proof to that.
lol this nikka acting as if he knows more about my own people than me :laff: basing his whole argument on a nickname given by an ancient explorer.
I guess we gotta blame the American educational system when people come out with statements like the one below:
descendants of the true black berbers from east africa who fukked the white/eurasian women from southern europe/western asia and produced the mongrel populations of modern day north africa.
:deadrose:

Keep living in your fantasies while I base my arguments on facts and reality.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol this nikka acting as if he knows more about my own people than me :laff: basing his whole argument on a nickname given by an ancient explorer.
I guess we gotta blame the American educational system when people come out with statements like the one below:

:deadrose:

Keep living in your fantasies while I base my arguments on facts and reality.

did you not read the next link. the Horn of Africa was referred to as the Land of the Berbers by the Greeks as well. it wasn't a nickname given by one man. whether or not Somalians are related to the Berbers of today is beside the point (although the DNA clearly says they do). the MAIN POINT of my post, which it looks like you don't dispute AT ALL is that the Ancient Somalians were referred to as BERBERS by the Greeks and Arabs.

there I rest my case.

in the Ancient World, the word Berber just like the word Moor referred to BLACK PEOPLE. period. that is all.

Ikwa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
did you not read the next link. the Horn of Africa was referred to as the Land of the Berbers by the Greeks as well. it wasn't a nickname given by one man. whether or not Somalians are related to the Berbers of today is beside the point (although the DNA clearly says they do). the MAIN POINT of my post, which it looks like you don't dispute AT ALL is that the Ancient Somalians were referred to as BERBERS by the Greeks and Arabs.

there I rest my case.

in the Ancient World, the word Berber just like the word Moor referred to BLACK PEOPLE. period. that is all.
Your knowledge on the topic is non-existant. You claimed that North Africans were black 1000 years ago, do you know how ignorant that is?

Europeans also referred to people from Sri Lanka and Philippines as Moors, are you going to tell me they're also black?

You then tried to pass off Somalis as Berbers not realising that you was engaging in a discussion with one :dead:

The Nigerian

The Realest Member of TheColi
Daps
Reppin
All The Way One Hunnid
Your knowledge on the topic is non-existant. You claimed that North Africans were black 1000 years ago, do you know how ignorant that is?

Europeans also referred to people from Sri Lanka and Philippines as Moors, are you going to tell me they're also black?

You then tried to pass off Somalis as Berbers not realising that you was engaging in a discussion with one :dead:
Sri Lankans and Filipinos are Black. So are Somalis...

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I love the double talk of you cacs. the people called berbers back then were black so all you saying is the moors were a combo of one group of blacks and another group of blacks.

JUST ANSWER ME ONE QUESTION: if the Moors were anything but black, how come all the old english definitions of the word moor was black man/negro? :lupe:

if the Moors were anything but black, why would they do this?

the truth is, its only you modern cacs that wanna throw in non-black elements everytime you get painted in a corner. at first it was no blacks in the Moors or Ancient Egyptians. now they're multicultural. i know where this is headed. all the black Moors and Ancient Egyptians were soldiers or slaves while the kings and pharaohs were white. this is the white supremacy playbok 101. when the truth is all the pharaohs and kings were black and it was the whites that were slaves.

all your predecessors that were alive when the Moors ruled happened to call them just BLACK. they never mentioned nothing about no mixed people. it was simply BLACK.

They always do that.

First......its "there was no black people in Egypt" :upsetfavre: "The moors weren't black" :beli:

Then......its "Egypt was multicultural. There were some blacks there" :upsetfavre: "The moors were a mixture of black, arabs and berbers" :beli:

Then....its "Blacks were slaves in Egypt. Whites were the ruling class" :upsetfavre: "Blacks were foot level soldiers. The Arabs were the generals" :beli:

Always the same argument. Always the same pattern. I see it a mile away now.

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Swagnificent

You really believe the same people who live in these areas looked the same in 700?.

If the Caliphate took over in 682 aproximately and imvaded spain in 700 you really think they there was very little blacks already in the land even though they are all over the damn continent?.

If anything the caliphate aligned with the people there after conquering and then went into spain which is probably why we hear the moors were black.

Also you really think blacks never crossed over to portugal in all the years of beimg in north africa even though the ones who lived near the coast would have seen it as they were looking for seafood. It is crazy to think the only time blacks even ventured off to the area is when mountain people came into their land. They lived next to a damn ocean for thousands of years.

History we are taught is really the white mans history, and it just assumes nothing happened before him. Really pay attention to what we are taught about history and it basically is saying everything started in the east, totally leaving out that black people lived on western coastal lands and had time to perfect sailing the ocean and finding new lands. The more I think about it, the more you realize the history of mankind that we are taught makes no sense when you look at it from a common sense perspective.

Last edited:

HugoBoss

Rookie
Daps

the indigenous people of the phillippines were called moors because of their black skin, today their known as negritos

2415366-e987dcf541c7f1fa683fc122f774489c-fp-759bb947e10c1d1907b13a7af05469f0.jpg

735347437_7bb27df0c3_b.jpg