PASTOR TROY SAYS HE ISNT GETTING HIS PROPS FOR PAVING AWAY FOR ATLANTA RAPPERS

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think they was really crunk music tho. Who was better then troy on the crunk tip considering he' was down with the lil john movement

I'm talking mainstream crunk songs. Artists took his blueprint and were more commercially successful with it. When he tried it, he didn't sound at home i.e. "Are We Cuttin". Meanwhile, Archie had "We Ready" running all football season. "Left, Right" was a hit for Drama. Lil Jon took that whole sound mainstream.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Prime Pastor Troy was a pleasure to listen to. Everything was building up for him, he was right there.

He should've kept it organize and underground and kept bubbling and just focus on putting out quality street shyt

Timbaland didnt know what the fukk to do with him. That shyt killed his career.
Reminds me of the situation with Canibus and Wyclef.

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Reminds me of the situation with Canibus and Wyclef.

Way different. Wyclef helmed Canibus's album. Timbaland only produced two tracks on a Pastor Troy album and one of them was a single.

Little known fact. Pastor Troy's Hell 2 Pay album are songs that meant for Universal Soldier. Some of the songs were mentioned in reviews from XXL and The Source.

Mac Ten

Class of 97 !!!
Daps
Reppin
B-More
Are we cutting really killed his movement
Relegated him to be being PT cruiser

I was just listening to that this morning …

Song came out too early imo. Big, gaudy Rims wasn’t even popping yet for one.

Two, Crunk didn’t even pop off yet. If this came out in 2004, it would have gotten more support since Lil Jon and then were getting burn all over BET

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I acknowledge Troy put on for Atlanta and warred on wax with Master P and Fat Joe was leery of him

but Arrested Development did numbers way before Troy came around and were the first Atlanta act to break through when labels didn't think Atlanta was a viable market.

without them, there'd be no labels taking chances on.... a lotta stuff.

theyre prolly the sole reason labels dumped money into Dungeon Family's organic sound.

Troy still a southern legend tho

Before reading your post, I had NO idea that AD were based out of Atlanta. And I was around for their run. You already know which state I associated them with.

Jermaine Dupri and Dallas Austin blowing up those kid acts and TLC had bigger impact on labels seeing ATL scene growing than AD, in my opinion.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Rapper Mojo is the reason why ATL rappers exists.

And Kriss Kross had the first commercial impact for ATL. Goodie mob and outkast had more of an impact and gave ATL their own vibe. fukk a Pastor Troy and that crappy crunk sound

Last edited: