PASTOR TROY SAYS HE ISNT GETTING HIS PROPS FOR PAVING AWAY FOR ATLANTA RAPPERS

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
Always been a Pastor Troy fan,I wish he would get more props,been listening to him since I was in like 5th grade

A legend to me

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pastor Troy was never signed to Timbaland. Timbaland produced three songs for Troy ("Are We Cuttin" and "Tell Em It's On" and the unreleased "X Factor"). From there, Timbaland and Polow put together a group featuring them, Pastor Troy, Bubba Sparxxx, G Rock, and Sean Paul of the Youngbloodz. It was called New Money. They had one song produced by Polow called "New Money".

"Are We Cuttin" was dope, but it was more like Troy ain't know what to do with that beat. It was his style too because it was a hype, Friday night football pep rally sounding joint, but Troy sounded lazy on it. Ms. Jade killed it and it's something that Luda would've murdered. That should've been Jade's single.

Timbaland should've given Pastor Troy something like this:

Or this:

Or Petey Pablo's "Raise Up".

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Troy was never that dude to pave the way for nobody. Dungeon Family, JD, can lay that claim before Troy. Plus i remember alot of folks didn't even believe he was from Atlanta. They always said he was from Augusta

He is from Augusta :francis:

Dude fell on the bandwagon of "ATL" rapper, when in reality dude false flagging.

No different from Big Boi being from Savannah.

When it came down to it though, Big Boi told people he was from Savannah.

He went to Paine College in Augusta..it’s a small HBCU. But he graduated from Creekside HS on the southside of Atlanta. He from Atlanta.

His career & DSGB didn’t start till he was in Augusta. Idk if them other DSGB dudes were students at Paine with him or if they were just locals that he became cool with

MoveForward

Veteran
Daps
He didn’t pave the way for shyt lol. Atlanta was already on fire when he came on the scene. He was apart of the crunk movement with Lil Jon, Bone Crusher, Chyna White, Archie, and a few others I’m missing. He didn’t have any real commercial appeal and when he tried to go commercial after signing with Universal, he flopped. DSGB the group had ONE good song and that’s it. He’s dope for what he was but he’s a legend in his own mind. I saw him at Pappadeaux some years ago wearing a big ass Coogi outfit with some blue suede loafers. He wouldn’t sit down, he kept walking around hoping someone would acknowledge him… Clown shyt.

Outkast and The Dungeon Family paved the way for Atlanta and the south…

Last edited:

banner34

Superstar
Daps
He didn’t pave the way for shyt lol. Atlanta was already on fire when he came on the scene. He was apart of the crunk movement with Lil Jon, Bone Crusher, Chyna White, Archie, and a few others I’m missing. He didn’t have any real commercial appeal and when he tried to go commercial after signing with Universal, he flopped. DSGB the group had ONE good song and that’s it. He’s dope for what he was but he’s a legend in his own mind. I saw him at Pappadeaux some years ago wearing a big ass Coogi outfit with some blue suede loafers. He wouldn’t sit down, he kept walking around hoping someone would acknowledge him… Clown shyt.

Outkast and The Dungeon Family paved the way for Atlanta and the south…
He actually came before the crunk movement with this song. Pastor Troy came out in 1999, 2000 era. The crunk movement started in 2002.