Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Randle got the Mamba mentality (RIP Kobe) :ahh::win::whew:...

So then we get off the plane, we ride to the hotel, and — ha. Wow. I will never forget this. We’re coming up on the hotel in Dallas, and Kobe turns to me and he goes, “Julius, what you bout to do.”

I’m like, “I’m about to see my family, chill with some friends, you know. Have a night.”

And Kobe, he just cuts me off. He’s like, “Nah. We’re going to the gym.”

Bro....

I mean, that right there, it’s just the power of Kobe. If anyone else in the world had said that to me, in that moment, I might have hit ’em with an eye roll and went on with my business. But when Mamba is telling you that it’s a change of plans, and you’re coming with him to the gym tonight? You don’t ask questions. You just do as you’re told.

Reputation | By Julius Randle

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

So then we get off the plane, we ride to the hotel, and — ha. Wow. I will never forget this. We’re coming up on the hotel in Dallas, and Kobe turns to me and he goes, “Julius, what you bout to do.”

I’m like, “I’m about to see my family, chill with some friends, you know. Have a night.”

Bro....

I mean, that right there, it’s just the power of Kobe. If anyone else in the world had said that to me, in that moment, I might have hit ’em with an eye roll and went on with my business. But when Mamba is telling you that it’s a change of plans, and you’re coming with him to the gym tonight? You don’t ask questions. You just do as you’re told.

my Knick brehs, this jawn by Randle is clutch. read the entire tribune.

didn't know how close Randle was with Kobe. i miss Kobe :mjcry:...

“It’s good to see you. Guys don’t really show up here to work out anymore. Matter of fact, the last guy to come in this late to shoot — man, that must have been years ago. It was Kobe.”

Yo.

I mean, just hearing him say the name….. it gave me chills.

This was the month after Kobe had passed — and it was just one of those moments. One of those moments that stays with you. One of those moments that forces you to take a second, and feel humble about how connected everything is.

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
"And I guess how that story connects this season to everything else for me, is like: I think I’ve always known what a blessing it was that I got to be teammates with Kobe for his last two years in the league. But there’s knowing.... and then there’s understanding. And I think this year, for the first time, I’ve really understood why Kobe mentored younger players like me. Not just so we could flourish ourselves, but so we could pass down what we learned to other players as well. I think that’s a huge part of his legacy, especially in those last few years."

give this man the max :ohlawd:

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps

Bro....

:wow::wow: Powerful

Kobe :mjcry:

Randle has to be a knick for life :wow:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City

KOQ back?

Honestly I never understood why he fell out the league he always looked like a good backup center. I guess his vet Min priced him out... Idk.

I am also surprised the Nets didn’t pick him up either considering their needs at Center.