Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Honest question - is Obi Toppin another Jordan Hill pick? :sadcam:

Watching Tyrese Haliburton move around the floor like Stacey Augmon fukks me up every time.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Watching Tyrese Haliburton move around the floor like Stacey Augmon fukks me up every time.
:beli:Everything Obi does well is ignored and requires a point guard willing to pass him the roc, we need spacing, and having the offense actually run through him for a few plays to get him going. We have none of that .:beli:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
:beli:Everything Obi does well is ignored and requires a point guard willing to pass him the roc, we need spacing, and having the offense actually run through him for a few plays to get him going. We have none of that .:beli:

Toppin was a dumb pick with Haliburton on the board, full stop.

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

toppin doesnt get enough playing time or plays called for him to even access that. he pretty much plays a steve novak role. every now and then you see a post up. once in a blue moon youll see a pick and role.

even when hes playing well (like last game) he gets pulled for no reason.

even tho hali comes off the bench, hes still a point guard. so its easier for him to get his shyt off. same applies to Quick.

toppin gotta hope nikkas pass him the ball

Last edited:

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
toppin doesnt get enough playing time or plays called for him to even access that. he pretty much plays a steve novak role. every now and then you see a post up. once in a blue moon youll see a pick and role.

even when hes playing well (like last game) he gets pulled for no reason.

even tho hali comes off the bench, hes still a point guard. so its easier for him to get his shyt off. same applies to Quick.

toppin gotta hope nikkas pass him in the past
He gets the Knicks rookie treatment we’ve seen for the last 6 years:francis:

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC

What few moments he gets to play as the rim runner or the post-up player, he looks really promising. It’s just so damned rare that you’re lucky to see it once or twice a night. In the long run, getting comfortable in face-ups and as a catch and shoot guy will prove valuable...but his present value is all buried in skills that we don’t let him use.

I don’t see a bust like Hill was. But I do see another rookie drafted without consideration for his role on the current roster (or maybe even the FO slept on Randle’s growth this offseason).

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps
With Robinson, they need to play more small ball with Randle at the five and Obi at the four or Obi at the five and Knox at the four. And Obi should be the roll man more frequently instead of spacing out in the corner. He needs more rim running opportunities and has shown if used properly that he can make the right reads out of the short roll.