Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Ryan Saunders just got fired
:ohhh:

They did look like trash and losing to Thibs probably triggered the owner. If DLo didn’t pop so much shyt about him I think Atkinson would do really well with that group. They got a lot of pieces to build around, they just need a better coach. They shouldn’t be losing as much as they have been. Honestly they have as more talent on their roster than most.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Watching the Nets got me f*cking tight... If the Knicks throw the bag at Durant there's a good chance we have him, Kyrie, and maybe even Harden

:martin:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Didn't get to finish the game but from what I can tell fans are pissed about last night :dahell:happened?

Fans got pissed we almost lost after having a huge lead over the Timberwolves.

What a a lot off fans can’t wrap their heads around is 1) in general this team is beating teams with better talent through hard work 2) our interior defense/center/rebounding is shyt without Robinson so guys like KAT will feast if they actually try.

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Didn't get to finish the game but from what I can tell fans are pissed about last night :dahell:happened?

breh, we was up by 21 at the end of the 3rd quarter. Too many missed shots and turnovers and they grabbed a one point lead with a minute remaining. I would’ve pulled my hair out if we lost.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
If I remember correctly, KD had interest in the Knicks and so did Kyrie. But the Knicks made it known early they had concerns over KD's health and didn't want to offer a max, it was a wrap from there.

Next thing you know the Nets are in position to go to the finals for the next five years :stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That shyt Dolan said about not wanting to offer Durant a max was him trying to save face, Durant didn't want to come to the Knicks so Dolan played the "fukk you, you ugly anyways bytch!" card. At one point in time I firmly believe KD wanted to come to the Knicks, there was too much smoke for it not to be true. What I think happened is that Mills got wind of it through back channels or whatever, then he overplayed his hand by trading KP away for seemingly nothing ( the trade looks better in retrospect, but it feels like dumb luck played a major part in that somehow ) assuming KD and Kyrie would want to come to the Knicks, regardless of how barren the team was. Say what you want about KP, but in theory he's a player that everybody would love to have as a teammate, and KD and Kyrie have said glowing things about KP in the past. Plus you gotta factor in the shyt that Kyrie and KD were caught saying at the all star break (before KP was traded), the situation with Draymond and KD at the beginning of that season, the fact that KD's dad is hardcore Knicks fan, that KD's agent is a Knicks fan, the rumors that Kyrie wanted to get traded to the Knicks before he got traded to the Celtics, etc. There's just too much shyt that aligns with the idea that KD and Kyrie wanted to actually come to NY at one point. It's easy for anybody to say that KD and Kyrie always had the Nets in mind in retrospect, and that the rumors were slightly off, but you gotta remember that at the beginning of that season, the Knicks were considered to have a way brighter future than the Nets at the time. The Nets turning it around and the situation with KP kind of came out of nowhere, and drastically changed the outlooks on both teams.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
If I remember correctly, KD had interest in the Knicks and so did Kyrie. But the Knicks made it known early they had concerns over KD's health and didn't want to offer a max, it was a wrap from there.

Next thing you know the Nets are in position to go to the finals for the next five years :stopitslime:
No, Kyrie never had interest in NY. He was always trying to convince KD to go to Brooklyn. I personally think once KD got hurt, he let Kyrie make the decision for them since Brooklyn was a better situation for Kyrie while KD rehabbed. KD was going to be a Knick if he never got injured. I’m positive of that.