Youtubers getting their accounts terminated because they're promoting Twitch streams.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If someone can get a YouTube competitor up and running I think they'd put YT out to pasture.
I don't. People like to rail on YouTube but any site that reached that size based off user generated content would run into the same problems YouTube did. YouTube has 15 billion visits per month and has almost 2 billion registered users. Policing that content is a massive undertaking and if a staff had to paid to do it it would likely make the site unprofitable. It's been debated if YouTube is profitable anyway as it stands now.

The only thing they can really be faulted for is YouTube constantly changes the rules on the fly with little to no advance notice.

ColiBomaye

All Star
Daps
I follow a few channels that will occasionally push Twitch streams. I've never understood the point of Twitch when you have YouTube live streaming, but it'll be interesting to see if anything happens to those accounts.
It's smart to put your eggs in different baskets. It's especially true now when you got Youtube screwing over their content creators with stupid decisions over and over.

All Star
Daps
Article is sensationalized.

All it means is, stop posting videos with thumbnails saying you're live on Twitch.

They are not stopping you from making legit videos while plugging your twitch, Twitter, IG, etc.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
don't think they would, since they aren't directly competing...and this twitch shyt sounds more petty amazon v google shyt...they just upping the ante
Youtube is starting a donation service thing. Like when you go on Youtube live your fans can donate to you

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Youtube uploads hundreds of hours of content every hour, any other site wiuld be takibg losses over the servers
People seem to think another large company throwing money around will create this utopia that circumvents all the problems YouTube faces and continues to face. It won't. Whoever gets in this business is going to face the same copyright issues YouTube faces. When they get too large they'll face the same issues managing partners and policing content that YouTube does and the unfortunate problem is there isn't a good solution to any of these issues. The only valid solution is to keep the number of partners manageable. At that point it becomes what YouTube is. A place where users can upload content under the illusion of making it big but in reality the only way your channel is blowing up is if somebody that's already in cosigns you or YouTube themselves does. The days of the small channel catching fire and hitting a million subs are done.