YouTuber PewDiePie made $7 million in 2014

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Last year around this time, word got out that Felix Kjellberg, a 24-year-old Swedish bro known online as PewDiePie, made $4 million a year by playing video games, recording his reactions and uploading the resulting videos to YouTube. At the time, he had 27 million YouTube subscribers. Today, Kjellberg has 37.7 million subscribers on YouTube and his company, PewDiePie Productions, pulled in roughly $7.4 million in revenue in 2014, according to Swedish newspaper Expressen. It looks like this whole "watch people play video games on the internet" craze is here to stay.

When Kjellberg's revenue numbers hit last year, he was inundated with questions and messages of incredulity -- so many that he did a Reddit AMA to clear the air. He confirmed the $4 million figure and notedthat he does charity work alongside his "Let's Play" gaming videos: "I still spent far more money on charities than anything I've ever spent for myself. Which I am proud to say at least." In June 2014, Kjellberg announced that his bro army (see: fans) had raised more than $1 million for various charities, including the World Wildlife Fund, Save the Children, St. Jude hospital and Charity: Water. In March this year, Charity: Water thanked Kjellberg for helping 10,028 people in Rwanda get access to clean water. Not bad for a band of bros.

Kjellberg's next big thing is the launch of his book, titled This Book Loves You, a collection of inspirational quotes that he's said over the years as an online personality. For example: "Don't be yourself. Be a pizza. Everyone loves pizza." This Book Loves You is due to drop in October.
Cats caking like that off YouTube? :wtf:

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
He's got that kids market on lock

Brb+funnyjunk_74266b_5413890.jpg

:dead:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
pewdie has a rabid fanbase. during his walking dead season 2 playthrough, i commented that he made just about every poor choice one could make. dude responded back (which seemed rare) with a harmless comment over his choices. next thing i know, i start receiving all type of hate comments and inbox messages from his crazy ass fanbase. pewdiepie got cacs that'll kill for this mans honor

edit: just checked to see if the comment was still there

UhPnO4f.jpg

seems like he cleaned up all the death threats i received though :ehh: pewdies alright by me

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
pewdie has a rabid fanbase. during his walking dead season 2 playthrough, i commented that he made just about every poor choice one could make. dude responded back (which seemed rare) with a harmless comment over his choices. next thing i know, i start receiving all type of hate comments and inbox messages from his crazy ass fanbase. pewdiepie got cacs that'll kill for this mans honor

UhPnO4f.jpg

seems like he cleaned up all the death threats i received though :ehh: pewdies alright by me
I hope PewDiePie is a trill G who knows bad boys move in silence and violence. If that is the case, it wouldn't be nothing for him to get one of his ANON pals to come and put his paws on you :smugbiden:
I hope you know of a good VPN my nikka

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Can't even hate really.

UhPnO4f.jpg

The people who have meet him in person says he's a cool dude, nothing like what you see in his video's. Some of the money he makes off of Youtube goes to charity's so at least he isn't being dumb with his earnings.:ehh:

Costanza

lord of the idiots
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerrys place
is it really surprising that he made 7 million, for the level of celebrity and mainstream acceptance he's gotten... that number is not mindblowing at all....

he is literally the biggest draw in the supposed craze of online youtubers.... and he made 7 million before taxes? thats nothing.

JetLife

/ SOHH /
Daps
Reppin
Golden State
it's kids. kids will watch the same thing over and over again relentlessly because it makes them happy.

This channel is literally someone opening toys, they have 7 billion cumulative views
https://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyCollectorBR/about

This channel is a kid opening up toys and playing with them, 1 billion cumulative views
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvanTubeHD/about

Here's the double dip catch, kids are dumb enough to click on ads, so the $$$ generated is way more impactful vs. adult views where people run ad block or know what an ad is.