YouTuber Exposes BS reaction to the changes to God of War (2017) ("was already deep")

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
The answer is somewhere in the middle. Kratos had a little bit of depth in the PSP titles, but you had to dive deep past all the heartless, over-the-top rage-filled moments to get to it. Let's not forget this dude had Icarus drop to his death in brutal fashion for basically no reason.

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
The gameplay was already deep and didnt need a barren open world and whack side missions to do that

The story tho? :mjlol:

But it didnt need to be deep

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
The God of War on PS4 that came out last April isnt open world?

What are you smoking
"Open World" typically means you can approach the story or explore the world in any direction/order you want, or there's a plethora of side stories that can pull you off the path of the main story...eg, Breath of the Wild, Fallout, GTA, the Witcher 3...God of War has a little bit of exploration but I don't know if I'd call it "open world"

Jacaveli The Don

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#NarcissistGang
I agree

I'm playing through all the God of War games in order because I missed them on PS2/PS3/PSP and I'm at the end battle with Zeus in God of War II at the minute

I've completed God of War, Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta and gonna move onto God of War III

The way they changed Kratos into a palefaced cac is bullshyt, should have left it alone after Ascension and rebooted it a few years later from the beginning again, the visuals and story even on the first PS2 game are stunning (I'm playing the Saga Collection on PS3) just imagine what they could have done on the PS5
:whew:

This new game should have been called something else and not tied into God of War

Last edited:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
:yeshrug: Unpopular opinion, but I couldn't get into this game at all. Beautiful graphics and art style, but I just couldn't get into it. I know what they were going for, but the camera being so close during combat really put me off and made it a chore for me to play. I got it on sale so it wasnt much lost, but I really wanted to like it.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I agree

I'm playing through all the God of War games in order because I missed them on PS2/PS3/PSP and I'm at the end battle with Zeus in God of War II at the minute

I've completed God of War, Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta and gonna move onto God of War III

The way they changed Kratos into a palefaced cac is bullshyt, should have left it alone after Ascension and rebooted it a few years later from the beginning again, the visuals and story even on the first PS2 game are stunning (I'm playing the Saga Collection on PS3) just imagine what they could have done on the PS5
:whew:

This new game should have been called something else and not tied into God of War
The latest GOW game is easily the worst. Whack as fukk and i could only play it for a few hours before i got bored. The OG PS2 games were easily the best in the series. even the PSP game is better.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I've always thought it was weird. God of War got the Tomb Raider treatment but with some mythology to fall back on it got a waaaaaaaaaaay better reception.

I still dislike the combat... but again I ain't watching 20 minutes of opinions with that as the thumbnail :hubie: