YouTube giving up the paid subscription game. Future Originals will be free by 2020.

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
:skip:
You the one getting finessed. Ad blocker is free. I haven’t seen an ad on YouTube in 5 years
the only time i ever see ads on youtube it's one of two things. I'm looking at youtube on my phone or someone elses phone,or my adblocker has crashed/isn't working. other than that it's ad free.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just found a single show I like on YouTube premium called Mind Field. I can’t call it. I might burn the free trial watch them all then cancel.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
showimage.php
Thats The face YT is making at the thought of what they did with this subscription shyt and it didn't work

The power of backfiring:ohlawd:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
uh no shyt. all these monthly subscriptions want a piece of the same month? The months ain't getting longer..

Disney bout to learn this when hulu flops and they bring their content back eventually to a licensed provider...

nikkaz think consumers are tryna have a whole bunch of subs for everything... nah. Stream line your shyt nikkaz. Keep your business simple.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Who’s in charge over there?
same tall israeli that fukked up the rap game

he brought a lot of the recent bright new youtube ideas with him and tight ass penny pinching ways. ever since he appeared on that side they've been scalling down on payments to youtubers in various ways while scaling up ways to charge for viewership.

BlackAchilles

Veteran
Daps
YouTube really fukking up their entire operation :francis:

Stop demonitizing all the scary story channels, I need them to get to sleep at night :damn:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
uh no shyt. all these monthly subscriptions want a piece of the same month? The months ain't getting longer..

Disney bout to learn this when hulu flops and they bring their content back eventually to a licensed provider...

nikkaz think consumers are tryna have a whole bunch of subs for everything... nah. Stream line your shyt nikkaz. Keep your business simple.
People bytched and moaned about cable and forced bundles of channels they don't what. What do you think the alternative is? This is a la carte. People want Disney's shyt they pay Disney $10 they want Netflix they pay $10 there and HBO the list goes on. Nobody is gonna put all this content under one roof. The closest to that is Hulu but even that doesn't have everything.

Instead of paying $60 and getting 200 channels you'll pay $60 and get content from 5-6 providers. That's our future. YouTube's problem is they don't have enough quality professionally produced content to entice people to pay for it.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
YouTube really fukking up their entire operation :francis:

Stop demonitizing all the scary story channels, I need them to get to sleep at night :damn:

YouTube was forced by advertisers to do this demonetizing shyt since they don't want their brands posted on "offensive" channels. Not YouTube's fault.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
People bytched and moaned about cable and forced bundles of channels they don't what. What do you think the alternative is? This is a la carte. People want Disney's shyt they pay Disney $10 they want Netflix they pay $10 there and HBO the list goes on. Nobody is gonna put all this content under one roof. The closest to that is Hulu but even that doesn't have everything.

Instead of paying $60 and getting 200 channels you'll pay $60 and get content from 5-6 providers. That's our future. YouTube's problem is they don't have enough quality professionally produced content to entice people to pay for it.
Maybe. We will see. I'm personally never going that route its redundant. A lot of customers feel the same way. One service at most for TV and one for music.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Maybe. We will see. I'm personally never going that route its redundant. A lot of customers feel the same way. One service at most for TV and one for music.
One service for TV won't have enough good content. Things are already getting fragmented. I have 6 subs outside my cable gold package as it is. Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu at a minimum are a good base at about $32 a month.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
The point of the subscription services is you can unsubscribed whenever you want.

With cable you couldn't really do that without losing alot of shyt.

Just deciding month to month what you want to pay for gives alot more freedom than the past.

Or you could just pirate everything.