Your Unpopular Food Opinions

GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies
2 strips of anchovies on a slice of pizza is :blessed:.

Crackling bread, collard greens, string beans, tomatoes, and cornbread are :scust:

Pepsi and Mountain Dew are :scust:

Food from the Chinese restaurant in the next neighborhood is :blessed:

Chuck E Cheese pizza is :blessed:

Octopus is :blessed:

Bone Marrow is :blessed:

Rocky Mountain Oysters are :blessed:

I want to try scorpions, alligators(heard they serve this down south), and grasshopers

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Turkey Bacon>>>Regular Bacon
Pl3bpcz5.gif

Sly Cookin

based
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Coke is the greatest beverage invented

Seafood smells disgusting and I cant stand ppl that like it. "Whaaaa? U aint never had my momma tilapia.":scust:

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Soul food is mostly :scust:
i wanna say this but i need a clear definition of what is soul food.

I mean to me being from another country, American food is american food so i cant always differentiate the different types of american foods

In my honest opinion American cuisine is kinda meh. Doesnt come close to the diferent caribbean cuisines im used to. But there are some things that i find in black american cuisine that are dope tho.
  1. BURGERS: American made burgers are hands down the best from all the burgers i have tasted across the world. Few others are good (UK, Argentina) but still nowhere near.
  2. POTATOES: How creative you guys get with potatoes is just amazing to me. Fries, potato salads, mash potatoes, potato wedges. You may not think it's much because you're used to it but to someone who didnt grow up with it it's pretty dope :ehh:
  3. FRIED CHICKEN - My Yank friends tell me im honorary Yank because of my love for fried chicken the way Americans make it :russ:. Caribbean people dont bread our fried chicken the way ya'll do.:mjcry: Ya'll fried chicken is the sh!t. I think the breading holds in the spice better.Granted your roasted chicken is meh and BBQ is just alright to me. And you guys dont make stew chicken or jerk chicken or curry chicken like caribbeans do. But you put this Haitian breh in front of some american m-made fried chicken :ohlawd:
You guys have perfected the potatoe but you really need to learn to use other starches tho :ufdup:. Too many options out there for y'all to just exploit just one vegetable like that and have no clue of the others. Plantains, malangas, yams (not that crap you guys call yams. thats a sweet potatoe to the rest of the world), cassava, breadfruit :ohlawd:

Last edited:

MoonGoddess

Packing All The Flavour You Need
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fantasy.
Cheese>>>>>>
Ive never been a fan of steak
Chicken breast is GOAT meat
Meatloaf:scust:
French dressing.
Greek food is :ohlawd:
I love vegetables and fruits.
I can live off of them forever.
Macaroni & Cheese is the best dish ever.
Greek yogurt>>>>> Mayo
Any kinda greens:noah:
Spicy Food>>>>

bdkane

All Star
Daps
Reppin
College Park by way of East Bmore
Most seafood= overrated
Apple cobbler>>>>> peach cobbler
Sushi= cold garbage
Lemonade/tea>>>>>soda