Your Next Big Tech Purchase

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Thinking about copping a Shield TV :patrice:

Just for streaming services and playback via USB with my microSD cards

@Golayitdown I believe you have one breh....worth that $170?

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
anybody got a TCL tv?

thinking about pulling the trigger on their 65" for $599

Ive been looking at the 6 series 55 " not sure about it,it has nothing but good reviews from what i have seen...If you end up buying drop a review on it...

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps

Overall, it's definitely worth it simply because the experience, OS, and/or hardware of the other devices don't compare. I've used the fire TVs, fire sticks, rokus, and Apple TVs and the shield is head and shoulders above them.

It goes on sale like every month though so if you can wait, you probably want to hold out for a little while. I would personally wait on a sale and get the regular model. I would use the money I saved to get a flirc (IR receiver) and a Logitech Harmony 650 remote. I suggest this because the regular shield remote is garbage and you'll eventually replace it (with my suggested remote or something else) eventually.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Overall, it's definitely worth it simply because the experience, OS, and/or hardware of the other devices don't compare. I've used the fire TVs, fire sticks, rokus, and Apple TVs and the shield is head and shoulders above them.

It goes on sale like every month though so if you can wait, you probably want to hold out for a little while. I would personally wait on a sale and get the regular model. I would use the money I saved to get a flirc (IR receiver) and a Logitech Harmony 650 remote. I suggest this because the regular shield remote is garbage and you'll eventually replace it (with my suggested remote or something else) eventually.
Breh, the more I read up on it, the more I'm like :wow:

I can pair my Dualshock 4 with this and play games via Retroarch too? :wow:

I'll look into that remote too breh, thanks

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Breh, the more I read up on it, the more I'm like :wow:

I can pair my Dualshock 4 with this and play games via Retroarch too? :wow:

I'll look into that remote too breh, thanks

Yep it's Bluetooth compatible and retroarch already had config mappings for most of the popular controllers :whew:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps

It's very much worth the price of admission. Check the cut cable thread in jbo. You won't find any words of disappointment concerning it.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Have never been into smart watches but i could get a galaxy LTE for half price ? worth it ?

Ive always felt having a smart watch when i have my phone on me 24/7 is pointless...

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Looking to cop an S10 around November since there's a chance I might be in America to receive and handle it rather than spend another mint just to ship it to the Caribbean. The last Above mid tier Smartphone I had was a Galaxy S5 and I'm currently rocking a mid budget Moto Z Play and while I'm fine with it, I long to run in the upper echelon of the overpriced smartphone ecosystem and infrastructure.:blessed:

Friend of mine was trying to get me to buy a Surface laptop for 1.5K but I had to calmly let that fool know that I'm fine with my Acer which has an SSD coupled with a 4 Terabyte HDD, a decent Graphics card and processor along with and extra 8gigs of ram bringing it up to 16 and I got all this shyt for under 6 and it's doing me fine. FOH with that shyt.

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
Change of plan, copped:

- Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2280 500GB
- Samsung 860 EVO 1TB(My old WD 1tb hdd died last week so...)
- Corsair GRAPHITE 760T

- New desk, a large one :dame:

I'll get the others later :whew:

fukk this, brought the xbox controller too :pacsmoke:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
@Golayitdown @Stir Fry bought the Shield TV 2 days ago with a free trial of Prime and it came today

BREHS :wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:

This little thang does EVERYTHING I want it to do. Plays EVERYTHING I throw at it. Got every current streaming app. Paired with my Dualshock 4 flawlessly and controls Android and Retroarch perfectly. :mjcry:

And the remote it came with isn't even that bad IMO but I'll see how it holds up. I should've bought this years ago.