"Your legs are looking a little lumpy, baby"

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
Then she's probably just gotten comfortable in the relationship. The only thing I can think of is to ask her if she wants to go with you, show her some things (or better yet, write up a little workout for her - I did the same thing for my sister), then let her work out on her own, or try to get her to go with a few of her female friends.

I've always been a person that works out/stays in shape and don't need that external push from another person, so it's difficult for me to come up with another answer. I also consider myself pretty no-nonsense, so if my husband was like "Babe, you're starting to get love handles'" I'd be like "You're right; I need to get this shyt together."

That's just me, though.... I figure most women are a bit more sensitive when it comes to weight LOL

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
That's what I'm trying to avoid.

Push come to shove, if she invites me to workout with her I'll join her occasionally.

But I don't want necessarily want her cramping my workouts

Me? Oui. I am in shape
U wont need to be hovering all over her if u give her a blueprint to start and give her metrics for progress/goals

If its just a matter of weight though u will def need to get her diet right too. Can yall cook

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Your legs are looking lumpy? Really? :rwot: You can be honest while still choosing better words to express how you feel.
It's already been said that there's no nice way of telling women they're getting fat.

Lumpy would be a cute enough word.

Last night I told her I'd leave her if she put on 20 pounds.

She took it nicely.

So next time it comes up I'm going to try and move the goalposts down to 10 pounds:lolbron:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Maybe, but people's main motivation to work out is themselves. If she doesn't see a problem with herself she may not be motivated enough to keep working out :yeshrug:

She just started doing meal prep cause she says she's not liking the way she looks in the mirror :skip:

I think that's cool and all. But she still gotta workout:beli:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So what you're saying is that it's my responsibility to get her fit? :huh:
Yes, to a degree, if it's important to you and she has no idea where to start. Getting fit is not easy.

It seems to me like you just want an angle to have to hang something over her head. If it was that serious to you something would have happened since March. Either she'd be working out by now, or you would have broken up with her.

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Yes, to a degree, if it's important to you and she has no idea where to start. Getting fit is not easy.

It seems to me like you just want an angle to have to hang something over her head. If it was that serious to you something would have happened since March. Either she'd be working out by now, or you would have broken up with her.

Getting fit is easy, tho.

Don't eat junk and do cardio for 30 minutes and she'll be right where she was.

Short term her weight/ fitness isn't an issue. But long term it can become a problem. So I'm just trying to get her to address it.

Daps
If she's prepping her meals and trying but still won't work out you'd have to drag her to the gym. Hubby and I work out together and it's fun. We both keep tabs on each other healthwise, but tbh it's not a deal breaker between us.

There could be any number of reasons why her weight went up. Hormonal fluctuations or stress could be other factors so you'll have to take the initiative if it matters to you and be a part of the solution. She doesn't need to be at the gym with you, just see the work out together as quality time with your Lady.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Getting fit is easy, tho.

Don't eat junk and do cardio for 30 minutes and she'll be right where she was.

Short term her weight/ fitness isn't an issue. But long term it can become a problem. So I'm just trying to get her to address it.
It doesn't seem like you are trying very hard. You don't want to work out with her, that's fine. Are you at least bringing her to the gym with you? Have you shown her workouts and given her any kind of goals or structure? What exactly are you doing about diet? Have you made any relationship ultimatums? You claim you want her to get in shape and be healthy but your actions say otherwise :mido:

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
It doesn't seem like you are trying very hard. You don't want to work out with her, that's fine. Are you at least bringing her to the gym with you? Have you shown her workouts and given her any kind of goals or structure? What exactly are you doing about diet? Have you made any relationship ultimatums? You claim you want her to get in shape and be healthy but your actions say otherwise :mido:

You're right. I'm not trying very hard because I don't want the responsibility of keeping her in shape. That's up to her.

She knows more about workouts and goals and diet than I do. I don't gotta offer her advice when it comes to those. She's just lazy cause she's pretty.

Our relationship isn't at a point where I need to issue ultimatums yet