Your favorite Dave Chapelle joke from a stand-up

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
100 because it has a lot of truth to it. They be infighting like a mug.
Yeah, I'm running back off this and it's so fukkin true. Living in Seattle I see it all the time. The Ls and the Gs are not on the same page at ALL :heh:, and the Ts wedge themselves into both, and they have to accept it lmao

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Whole thread got me wanting to go back and rewatch the Netflix specials.

My favorite joke of his though was on Killing Em Softly when he described how every crew of Black folk needs at least ONE white person just in case shyt goes down and the cops show up.

This has literally happened to me from freshman year of college until maybe right before covid, complete with a scenario where a friend (who is white) was doing some wildness driving around one night in Allentown circa 2004 and we got pulled over and I'm panicking and it wasn't EXACTLY like the joke but he definitely did a version of "I'm sorry officer I....didn't know I couldn't do that" and then as we're driving off without getting a ticket or going to jail "You like that one eh? Because I DID know I couldn't do that ah ah ah!!!" :mjgrin:

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
That 'How Old is 15?' jokeonce I got thr layers and saw hiw deep it was

I thought at first that it was a childish joke but he made a lot of sense

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition

French Actor Jussie Smollet :russ:

Damn, you beat me to it. This is my favorite.

"It sounds like something that *I* would say!"
"If you're racist and homophobic, you're not even going to know who this ***** is, you don't watch Empire!"
"Okay, you left the house at 2AM, it's -16 degrees..Subway? SANDWICHES?"

Just perfect delivery, it's so true how ridiculously made up that whole story was. Other great parts I love:

"Hillary Clinton..that shyt was like watching Darth Vader give the I Have a Dream speech"

"But if that bytch's lips were SWEATING?!"

I'm gonna give ya'll a hot take...Netflix-era Dave is WORLDS funnier than pre-Chappelle Show Dave. This era has cemented him as the funniest comedian of all time.