Your 2023 predictions

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
2023 is shaping up to be a pretty impressive year for current gen gaming. A lot of big titles from all of the big 3 are set to drop this year.
With that said, I do think a lot of these titles could realistically use another year in the oven thanks to covid.
What are some of your hot takes and predictions for 2023.

I'll list 5 of mine.
1) Gaming will get more expensive than ever before in 2023, from VR to people finally starting to get and understand HDMI 2.1 tv's and setups to game, game subs, and physical hardware price increases. I think "premium" gaming is set to increase in price even more in 2023.
2) Xbox starts to deliver more "exclusives" I think this is something that Phil wanted to lean out of but it's clear that exclusives are like pokemon badges to console gamers. So I think you are going to see MS spending more on exclusives and shorter timed exclusives for gamepass and other 3rd party games.
3) I Think it's do or die for VR gaming this year, if it doesn't pop I think it put back on the shelf mostly until late this gen.
4) With that said I think the meta verse starts to "blossom" more in 2023.
5) A new Nintendo system gets announced
4 out of 5 basically.:ehh:

The switch 2 is all but officially announced.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Starfield will launch with bugs that date back to Daggerfall. Within moments of launch people will rush to be the first to break the game in an exceedingly retarded way as a "gotcha". Expect to see the usual stans flooding the front page with those threads. It'll be a 9/10 game from the media but it will do nothing that says "next gen". In fact, Bethesda is going to fukk up the performance somehow.

Forza will arrive on the scene and be a proper visual showcase for the Series X, and even be an example on how developers can make the Series S behave. There will be hardcore juelzing about how they managed to do it. It's not going to be very much of a sim at all. Just a less forgiving handling model compared to Horizon. It will wind up being a relatively casual game - I don't think they'll play on the "motorsport" aspect as much as they should. Multiplayer will be a shyt show. It'll be simultaneously competition for GT7 while not really being competition. They're aimed at different audiences.

Redfall gonna suck, stans gonna be on full damage control.

Do Sony even have games coming out this year? I haven't seen stans in a hype circle yet. If they do, the games ain't gonna actually be that good, but they'll have something which will make them feel entitled to a "Xbox doesn't have any gamesz Sony keeping us fed :mjgrin: " quip for a while.

Actually scratch that, Forsaken or whatever it's called is coming. Last time I looked through that thread, things weren't looking too hot. But the stans are gonna rally hard like it's GOTY, at least until there's something else coming to hype up.

I expect Gizmo to have another meltdown should the Activision deal go through. Then the stans can act like they don't care about multiplats like CoD, while fighting back tears that it might be going away from their plastic box of choice in the future.

E3 is going to be forgettable.
Nostradamus ova hea :wow: