Younger siblings, how did you look at your older brothers growing up?

DreadHead P

lettin em hang and swang
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Deep in the south kickin uptop game
My oldest brother was back and forth between the streets and jail so he wasn't around too much, my second oldest brother was the biggest role model I had, I tried to copy everything about him, I eventually developed my own style but even to today when I run into someone that knows him they say "you sound just like your brother"

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
GTFOH:childplease:

You got to be trolling. There 1,000s of studies that show it's not uncommon. So you supposed to never have problems with any of your family members every once in awhile? :what: You must be a doormat.

My brother and I was real cool as kids.

ok...lol

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i dont know man

i guess yall didnt like each other as kids

Siblings fall out ALL the time, especially when there is a large difference in success or just in the way they live their lives, plus siblings know so much about you, that when y'all fight, they can say or do the things that hurt you the most.

. My brothers lived together back in 03/04 and some serious shyt went down, they fell out with one another and didn't speak for close to three years, they weren't at holidays together, the only time in that period they spoke was at my college graduation. It took a lot of work from me and letting time pass before they started speaking, they still don't kick it with each other like they used to, but they're cool now.

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
I have 3 siblings who are like 12-16 years older than me so since we didn't grow up together we were never close. I rarely see them now :manny:

My other 2 sisters (3 & 6 years older) that I did grow up with are kinda awesome. They were mean to me as a youngin' and never let me hang since I was the baby :sadbron: but they can't get enough of me now :mjpls:

I wanted to be just like them growing up, until I realized that they ain't shyt. Sooooo yea, that's how that went.

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
Siblings fall out ALL the time, especially when there is a large difference in success or just in the way they live their lives, plus siblings know so much about you, that when y'all fight, they can say or do the things that hurt you the most.

. My brothers lived together back in 03/04 and some serious shyt went down, they fell out with one another and didn't speak for close to three years, they weren't at holidays together, the only time in that period they spoke was at my college graduation. It took a lot of work from me and letting time pass before they started speaking, they still don't kick it with each other like they used to, but they're cool now.

i cant relate

we been in real situations

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
me & my brother cool but he was always runn!n the streets & ! d!d my own th!ng so he was never too much of an influence on me com!n up... h!m & my cous!ns would be ch!ll!n then randomly shout out "YOU A!NT GONNA BE NO PUNK" & beat me & my fr!ends down to toughen us up... he also told me to stay away from the drug l!fe.... even though ! wasnt gonna do none of the sh!t he tr!ed to keep me away from, at least he cared & tr!ed r!ght....

like @dora da destroyer ! got mad sarcasm, escalat!n da!ly...

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
My older brother and me are close...I get called his mini...even growing up we were close...my older sister is also close to me, but in a girly way lol...I was always the bridge between them when I was younger because my brother and sister would always get into arguments....Now we all get along and are very close...My oldest sister neither my brother, sister, or me are close to because she was out of the house hanging with her friends not to mention the age gap between us.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
:to: It sucks being the oldest and watching your younger siblings become better off than you. That sh!t hurts, especially when you fell out with them years ago. :sadbron:

big bun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of y'all live some sad lives man.

Anyway, my older brother was my role model growing up. He taught me pretty much all that I know. My younger brother is doing real well in life and I'm proud of him...especially since he was a knucklehead when he was younger.

EffedUp

Pugs get lonely too...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cincinnati, OH
I'm (28) the youngest of three with one sister (38) and one brother (35). Growing up, I looked up to my brother. To me, he was the coolest nikka I knew. He had cool ass friends even though some were bums. My brother is like the only nikka out of his whole crew through the years to have a steady job. :laugh: He stayed hooked up with some of the hottest chicks too.

I haven't really seen him the same way since 10 yrs. ago when his chick at the time had a baby by another nikka. Luckily he found out right after the baby was born unlike a lot of nikkas out here. Since then though, dude's make some questionable choices with the biggest being his current chick that he's been with like 4 yrs. now. All of the other chicks he's messed with had jobs but not this one. She's cute but is more fat now than thick when they first met. lol They've moved in together multiple times only to fall back cause she don't bring money in. shyt, my brother's got 2 jobs and still struggles financially. shyt is sad man. I know the brother I knew up till 2003 wouldn't put up with the shyt he's doing now.

That's my brother...:to: