Younger siblings, how did you look at your older brothers growing up?

concise

Veteran
Daps
when growing up, especially your oldest brother?

What was that like?

HarlemsOwn

RIP Fresh
Daps
i looked up to my brother

wanted to be just like him

my lil brother looked up to me tooo

i was 13 when my brother who was 17 gave me my firs L

i was 15 when i gave my lil brother his first L at 12

crazy shyt

all of us are best friends

i would catch a body for all of em

and they would do the same for me

DarlingNikki

lil baby
Daps
Reppin
Puerta Medusa.
I didn't like my sister and she didn't like me. We're cool now though, most of the time.

My little brother is my heart, I adore him.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I looked up and respected my older brother growing up.

But I have lost all my respect recently when he married an ugly bytchh that treat him like shytt and cheated on him. And his bytchhass just sit there and take her bullshytt. Him and I haven't talk in almost a year, when I called her an ugly 5 head bytchh in her face.

Never knew my brother would become a simp.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
I looked up to him in the aspect of life i learned from his mistakes he made growing up

He open my eyes to alot of things i didnt see because i was younger and not thinking like how my father favored me alot more than him

Still have a great relationship talk every week hope to visit him soon when i head home from
this deployment

Ronald McDonald

Even in the darkest nights, I'm a MAC for life
Daps
growing up, i only had 2 half brothers who were 12 and 14 years older than me so i rarely saw them, maybe 7 times a year, and whenever my dad would take me to visit them they would let me play their ps2 all day while they conversed with our dad so i thought they were cool af. :blessed:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
My brothers are 8 and 11 years older than me. I always was extra close to my oldest, dude was a great big brother and really developed my love for music plus we could nerd out together and he made communication mad easy - there is absolutely nothing I can't talk to him about which was great when going through the cray cray years from 13-25, the downside is he's selfish as fukk.

My other brother, god damn did we spend most of our lives fighting both physically and verbally (he's the reason I'm super sarcastic and have a smart asss mouth, clearly I couldn't compete physically but he couldn't compete with my wit...I stayed making him :umad: then we'd fight and I'd be left :noah:, he's the typical middle kid plus the fukk up, but he had more street cred so I looked at him to take my cues on street life, grimy rap, he really made me a sports fan, he also made me tough as hell. He was also a big eater so he cooked breakfast and dinner for me most often since my mom couldnt care less about cooking and my dad usually got home late.

All in all, I love both and have very different relationships with each, but I wouldn't be me without being shaped by different aspects of them. My oldest brother sees me as his little daughter, my middle bro sees me as his little nikka :heh: and so they treated me accordingly.

Teal.

Solo Dolo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Notfit,GA
I looked up to him in the aspect of life i learned from his mistakes he made growing up

He open my eyes to alot of things i didnt see because i was younger and not thinking like how my father favored me alot more than him

This.

ugksam

The White King TuT
Daps
my brother sucks i got in a big argument with him yesterday cause he is such a dumbass

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Me and my older brother didn't have a good relationship growing up at all. He is 6 years older than me and pretty much shytted on me every chance he got. I tried to look up to him and hang with him, but he didn't want shyt to do with me. Wouldn't even back me in fights against older nikkas almost his age:pacspit: Funny thing is, all of his friends liked me and were cool with me and always had my back.

He was a selfish nikka and hated my mere existence though. My parents spoiled him before I was born I guess. I still tried to be cool with him probably up to the age of 12 or 13. But I was like fukk him after that.

It all came to a head on May 18, 1995(his 22nd B-Day). The Lakers had just got eliminated from the 2nd round of the playoffs by San Antonio. I was mad heated sitting in a recliner after the loss. This nikka starts teasing me about me being mad over the loss. He rubbed my face on some "poor baby" shyt and I quickly slapped his hand away and stood to my feet. shyt talking insued, I pushed him, he sung and I ducked. I caught him with a hard ass right and then tackled him to ground and begin to wail away on dude.

Pops starts yelling and comes into the TV Room to break it up and telling us to take that shyt outside. So I cool out because Pops would shoot my ass if he had to, but my brother was still heated and proceeded to get into it with Pops. Pops handled that nikka and kicked his ass out of the house. He never stayed another day under my parents roof after that.

Over the years though he has always reached out to me to reconcile and hangout and all that. I aint really gave no fukks if I ever spoke to the nikka again, but we became cool over the years, mostly due to his efforts. There is no ill will between us now, but I don't be trying to chill with dude much because the nikka is just plain corny. A funny style nikka, be we still fam.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i dont know man

i guess yall didnt like each other as kids

GTFOH:childplease:

You got to be trolling. There 1,000s of studies that show it's not uncommon. So you supposed to never have problems with any of your family members every once in awhile? :what: You must be a doormat.

My brother and I was real cool as kids.