Veteran
Daps
You're complaining that people don't want to move and play games
we're going to pretend the Wii didn't exist and was a phenomenon :russ:

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When them nikkas put out enough full games, not tech demos, nikkas will play/get VR. I had Oculus CV1 some yrs back, ended up giving it to my little brother after Half Life. shyt is a waste of space currently. I’ll give PSVR 2 a try

GoPro

EscoBeard Season Has Returned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#CertLife #ITGang
If you have a highend PC (3090 at least) and a quest 2, you can get a hell of a lot of some VR mods to games if you're into open world first persons like Skyrim, GTA, Cyberpunk, etc.
I wasn't willing to spend 2 to 3k on a machine, so went with the ps5

Quest got some decent standalone games, and is good for fitness. Mine is collecting dust after Bonelabs. Game gave me nausea and headaches

Artificial Intelligence

Not Allen Iverson
Daps
I have a quest 2.. I bought a bunch of games for it but rarely play them.. I’d rather play my steam deck :manny: games aren’t all that yet but it’s great for media consumption

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
What are you talking about?:dahell:

For one, Quest VR ain't all that, most of the games are very basic when compared to AAA on a 65in OLED TV. I enjoyed the hell out of the Quest boxing game, but that's about it. Really the VR industry is still niche. PC VR cost too much and Quest games are still very casual, a lot of people still don't know even know about it.

The heavy hitter VR coming out soon is Sony's Playstation VR2, which a lot of us are waiting on. That will push the VR industry into the mainstream.
plus you can beat most of the narrative driven games in like 3 hours. I bought a quest and played pretty everything in their catalog that interested in a single weekend. been waiting for new shyt. only so many times you can play vader immortal and shyt.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I've never been all that interested in VR. If it was included with the console maybe but not looking to pay a huge premium to experience it.

Never tried it buy I would consider Lone Echo if I did have the hardware.

Just like PSVR did? Not paying $500+ for a piece of hardware that requires I have a $400-$500 piece of hardware already.

VR won't go mainstream at $900-$1000 prices.

That's your opinion. I paid $500 for my PS5 and now preordered PSVR2 bundled for $600. All the high quality VR games on PC require a $800 PC. Cutting edge technology has never come cheap.:manny:

I'm not sure why you're comparing this to the vastly inferior PSVR

Easy set up 1 wire
Outside tracking
4K OLED
120hz
Real AAA games

Developers have said nothing but great things about the PSVR2. If you don't want it, well that's your opinion.

Daps
I'm waiting for something like that nerve gear tech from sword art online to be made. I know it's a long way ahead, I just hope I'm alive to see it

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No buzz
No notable games
Expensive

…but you’re blaming consumers?
There are some good games on VR it's just good luck on getting the level of financial investment from the customer VR requires to play them. Until they figure out how to get this included at almost no extra charge or make a exceptional stand alone unit at a low cost it just ain't going nowhere.
That's your opinion. I paid $500 for my PS5 and now preordered PSVR2 bundled for $600. All the high quality VR games on PC require a $800 PC. Cutting edge technology has never come cheap.:manny:

I'm not sure why you're comparing this to the vastly inferior PSVR

Easy set up 1 wire
Outside tracking
4K OLED
120hz
Real AAA games

Developers have said nothing but great things about the PSVR2. If you don't want it, well that's your opinion.
So you saying the average person is looking to drop almost a grand on a VR setup? Never mind the fact that you have to first sell them on the merits of VR to get them to do that.

It's a cute little side project but this isn't a mass market product. This is for enthusiast with money to burn.