You lazy fat fukks are holding VR back

BBG

Superstar
Daps
VR thread is dead. I trust the coli opinion in a lot of things (never about bytches tho :mjlol: ) especially tech wise. I perused around on here over the years, reading y'all opinions on VR. Also, I used that shytty ass Samsung Gear VR with my phone in 2016 and that shyt was BUNSS so I had no idea how far along VR tech had come.

Fast forward to a week ago, my lil bytch get me a quest 2 for xmas. I'm like ayo imma chill till Christmas she like nah open it I want you to see what I got you 🥰 I'm like bet. Opened that shyt up, put it on my head, and my life hasn't been the same since. On days I don't work, I'm almost positive I spend just as much time in the Metaverse as I do out of it. And if the battery life wasn't so shytty I'd be in there longer. It's as if the battery life is a built in reminder that you need to go outside and interact with nature every now and then.

But I don't get the same experience sitting down. I've tried both ways, and sitting down in VR is gay. When I'm standing up playing Pavlov, or any game for that matter, I no longer need a joystick to turn. I can go 180° as fast in the game as I can in real life, by just turning around. Same thing with crouching, peeking corners, etc. The immersion is just on another level. It's tiring as fukk, but so what.

I can't think of a single reason why hardcore gamers can't get behind VR. want an immersive combat rpg-like experience? blade& sorcery, the walking dead, battle talent. Want a FPS where your movements reflect every action on screen? Pavlov, Contractors, RE4VR. want sports? They got a NFL game, boxing games, basketball, everything you could fukkin want. And the controls are intuitive.

tl;Dr get yo big ass up n burn some calories while you over there just wasting time out your day playing Zelda n shyt foh. I know this thread gonna get buried cause of console wars and overweight bums just wanting to press buttons on a couch in peace but this VR shyt IS the future, and anyone who's spent longer than 5 minutes in it with today's tech can see why. If gamepass wasn't dropping on quest I'd drop my Xbox flag too.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
What are you talking about?:dahell:

For one, Quest VR ain't all that, most of the games are very basic when compared to AAA on a 65in OLED TV. I enjoyed the hell out of the Quest boxing game, but that's about it. Really the VR industry is still niche. PC VR cost too much and Quest games are still very casual, a lot of people still don't know even know about it.

The heavy hitter VR coming out soon is Sony's Playstation VR2, which a lot of us are waiting on. That will push the VR industry into the mainstream.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Price of entry and consumer ignorance are holding the platform back.
Most people that have used it get it, and are anxious for new content.
RE7, Moss, I Expect You To Die, Ace Combat, Star Wars, Drive Club, and so much more are completely groundbreaking and serve as all the evidence anyone would need to understand VR is the future.
Just like anything else new, they are going to take a boat load of criticism/skepticism for quite a while before people come around.
We could wish all day for the type of game we would like to see added but the issue is double edged because to make those bigger games you need the audience...to get the audience you need those bigger games.
A game on the same level as warzone but exclusive to VR would be a system seller. That takes a ton of investment though for such a niche crowd.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I have a 77" OLED, b. VR can

giphy.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I've never been all that interested in VR. If it was included with the console maybe but not looking to pay a huge premium to experience it.

Never tried it buy I would consider Lone Echo if I did have the hardware.
The heavy hitter VR coming out soon is Sony's Playstation VR2, which a lot of us are waiting on. That will push the VR industry into the mainstream.
Just like PSVR did? Not paying $500+ for a piece of hardware that requires I have a $400-$500 piece of hardware already.

VR won't go mainstream at $900-$1000 prices.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
VR thread is dead. I trust the coli opinion in a lot of things (never about bytches tho :mjlol: ) especially tech wise. I perused around on here over the years, reading y'all opinions on VR. Also, I used that shytty ass Samsung Gear VR with my phone in 2016 and that shyt was BUNSS so I had no idea how far along VR tech had come.

Fast forward to a week ago, my lil bytch get me a quest 2 for xmas. I'm like ayo imma chill till Christmas she like nah open it I want you to see what I got you 🥰 I'm like bet. Opened that shyt up, put it on my head, and my life hasn't been the same since. On days I don't work, I'm almost positive I spend just as much time in the Metaverse as I do out of it. And if the battery life wasn't so shytty I'd be in there longer. It's as if the battery life is a built in reminder that you need to go outside and interact with nature every now and then.

But I don't get the same experience sitting down. I've tried both ways, and sitting down in VR is gay. When I'm standing up playing Pavlov, or any game for that matter, I no longer need a joystick to turn. I can go 180° as fast in the game as I can in real life, by just turning around. Same thing with crouching, peeking corners, etc. The immersion is just on another level. It's tiring as fukk, but so what.

I can't think of a single reason why hardcore gamers can't get behind VR. want an immersive combat rpg-like experience? blade& sorcery, the walking dead, battle talent. Want a FPS where your movements reflect every action on screen? Pavlov, Contractors, RE4VR. want sports? They got a NFL game, boxing games, basketball, everything you could fukkin want. And the controls are intuitive.

tl;Dr get yo big ass up n burn some calories while you over there just wasting time out your day playing Zelda n shyt foh. I know this thread gonna get buried cause of console wars and overweight bums just wanting to press buttons on a couch in peace but this VR shyt IS the future, and anyone who's spent longer than 5 minutes in it with today's tech can see why. If gamepass wasn't dropping on quest I'd drop my Xbox flag too.
Well sir I can assure you Xbox has VR in its future. If you part of the Xbox Dashboard Beta (you can join if you're not)
Then you can download the VR app as early testing has been ongoing for a year or so already.
And as for VR catching on. Xbox did the Kinect thing and its learned that Developers are not ready to take advantage of the tech.
There are Devs who have made really cool games. But there has to me more than just a cool feature here and there. For every game that is amazing, theres 30 trash titles. That ratio has to change for the masses to take it seriously. The assumption is that will come with time.

I believe it'll be more popular moving forward. Being first isn't really ideal, because what you're complaining about is what comes with the territory. Slow adaption rates.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
No one cares about this shytty vr games, the 3d of gaming.
VR is like motion controls but the cost is so high it’s not going to catch on. The only way VR succeeds is if Facebook gets it to pop. Motion controls took off because they were included with the Wii and that system cost less anyway. The common gamer isn’t looking to spend about a grand on a VR setup.

Microsoft has made some foolish decisions in console gaming but at least they were smart enough to not chase VR. Until the entry cost is much lower it’s dead in the water except to enthusiast.

Flexington

All Star
Daps
VR is like motion controls but the cost is so high it’s not going to catch on. The only way VR succeeds is if Facebook gets it to pop. Motion controls took off because they were included with the Wii and that system cost less anyway. The common gamer isn’t looking to spend about a grand on a VR setup.

Microsoft has made some foolish decisions in console gaming but at least they were smart enough to not chase VR. Until the entry cost is much lower it’s dead in the water except to enthusiast.

Especially when a lot of VR sets still require part of it being wired.