You Know What I Hate The Most About Rap Videos?

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
seeing all these ignorant nikkas shouting out brands and parading about like fakkits in their labels as if those clothing companies and car manufacturers just appeared out of the blue. you have these c00ns boasting of "prada" and "gucci," "mercedes" and "audi," like those products were sent from the heavens by god's hand and weren't the result of the entrepreneurial spirit embodied by their founders.

it's :snoop: to watch these young black men acting like they couldn't start their own line of clothing or their own line of automobiles - or any kind of good. sure, it'll be difficult, but that very same challenge existed for those who successfully launched and managed the brands they now make music videos to glorify.

i watch those chicago drill videos, and i think, "these nikkas will kill their own people to own a lacoste hat and some true religion jeans, but they won't go to school so they could compete in that same market and create their own line of apparel."

conversely, why do people who own clothing lines sing along to songs on the radio...and dance around the club like they're in a music video?

argument works both ways (although i know rappers end up advertising and making more money for other brands than they do for themselves).

my point is why cant i perfect my craft, and take up fashion or the fine craftsmanship of an automobile as a hobby? me personally, im a fly ass nikka. i do work in fashion...but just because i like to buy nice clothes and i use them to represent myself doesnt mean i should be making them. because i cant design for shyt.

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you could not watch them biitches...but thats too easy of a solution for folks