Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
I don't want to ruin the thread an all of these post at TL:DR

But, you introverts are the worse

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
This random dude went on a 30 day detox from drugs, alcohol, masturbation, etc., and arrived at these conclusions:

If I am uncomfortable in the present, the best thing I can do for myself is to acknowledge why I'm uncomfortable and take steps to resolve it.

Problems are always easier to face when you aren't running away.

Virtually all self-destructive and potentially self-destructive behaviors are triggered by anxiety.

Anxiety, when properly channeled is really fukking useful for getting stuff done.

Putting something off until I feel like it is the WORST strategy for getting things done. Procrastinating ruins the present and makes the future more difficult.

Avoiding uncomfortable feelings or thoughts is the most destructive kind of procrastination.

Motivation is never found or given, it is only created.

There is always a motive behind my actions. If I am wasting all day online, it is because I am more motivated to be comfortable than I am to grow.

I have to choose to want to grow and improve more than to be comfortable. It isn't ever going to happen by itself.

Every day I push myself, I am amazed by how powerful and capable I am.

Every day I run on autopilot, I feel weaker. This is because I am letting the world gain power over me.

Not everything goes my way. It never will.

Life isn't perfect. It never will be.

Anything, no matter how innocuous, can be turned into a drug if my motive is to escape my problems.

Fantasizing about what I'd like to happen, or what I wish would happen is exactly as worthless as focusing on the past.

Every day I choose who I am. If I don't make a conscious choice, then I let the world choose for me.
---

I've really been taking them to heart lately, especially the ones on anxiety and on motivation.

A lot of Alcoholics\Narcotics-Anonymous mantra stuff right here. but all in all he's on point. words to live by.

ReggieFlare

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ITGang
This random dude went on a 30 day detox from drugs, alcohol, masturbation, etc., and arrived at these conclusions:

If I am uncomfortable in the present, the best thing I can do for myself is to acknowledge why I'm uncomfortable and take steps to resolve it.

Virtually all self-destructive and potentially self-destructive behaviors are triggered by anxiety.

Anxiety, when properly channeled is really fukking useful for getting stuff done.

Putting something off until I feel like it is the WORST strategy for getting things done. Procrastinating ruins the present and makes the future more difficult.

Avoiding uncomfortable feelings or thoughts is the most destructive kind of procrastination.

There is always a motive behind my actions. If I am wasting all day online, it is because I am more motivated to be comfortable than I am to grow.

I have to choose to want to grow and improve more than to be comfortable. It isn't ever going to happen by itself.

Every day I run on autopilot, I feel weaker. This is because I am letting the world gain power over me.

Anything, no matter how innocuous, can be turned into a drug if my motive is to escape my problems.

Fantasizing about what I'd like to happen, or what I wish would happen is exactly as worthless as focusing on the past.

Every day I choose who I am. If I don't make a conscious choice, then I let the world choose for me.
---

I've really been taking them to heart lately, especially the ones on anxiety and on motivation.

I needed to read this :wow:

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
From the Bay to Central CA

---

:noah:

i need to log off and run some errands or something

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
:wow:

im trynna abstain from those same things too including weed.

I used to smoke so much weed that I started getting anxious when I would smoke it. I was like :dwillhuh: i feel my mind coming back slowly but slowly but surely and Ive found a lot of what you wrote there to be true...

uncomfortable thoughts shouldnt be avoided but uncomfortable actions should IMO

good knowledge dropped in this bytchh. and damn breh i cant imagine life without weed as sad as that may sound. i be happy as shyt when im high and its been programmed in my head that being happy>>>>. so i figure fukk it why stop doing what makes me happy. shyt helps me study and all types of shyt. it even makes me work more cause i figure aye a nikka gotta be able to live this life.. but this shyt work differently for different nikkas good luck wit all that real shyt

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Man we need to stop puttin these chicks on pedestal. I say whats on my mind anyway.i believe in honesty and taking in my surroundings.I notice everything. "How you doing sweetheart,yoooo you got a big ass booger in your nose,would you like a tissue?".

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Man we need to stop puttin these chicks on pedestal. I say whats on my mind anyway.i believe in honesty and taking in my surroundings.I notice everything. "How you doing sweetheart,yoooo you got a big ass booger in your nose,would you like a tissue?".

wrong thread breh :jawalrus:

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
good knowledge dropped in this bytchh. and damn breh i cant imagine life without weed as sad as that may sound. i be happy as shyt when im high and its been programmed in my head that being happy>>>>. so i figure fukk it why stop doing what makes me happy. shyt helps me study and all types of shyt. it even makes me work more cause i figure aye a nikka gotta be able to live this life.. but this shyt work differently for different nikkas good luck wit all that real shyt

real talk,
it sounds backwards but ima lazy procrastinating sleepy ass nikka since i stopped smoking. :leon:

usually i run on 5 or less hours of sleep, get things done, am very active and have initiative in everything from learning programming to constantly cleaning and cooking. Im much more outgoing/friendly, neat, and productive.
And I dont mean JUST when Im high, it applies when im sobered up. all this is true even if im smoking just 2 or 3 times a week,
Im like ole dude on Limitless when I smoke on the norm. :smugdraper:

But since I stopped?? :sadcam: I become very pessimistic, the world and everyone in it is dull but im not about to commit that so I have to constantly remind myself to make the best of it, where as before it was natural.

Its like taking all the color out of a nice picture, its the same pic but it gives you an ENTIRELY different perspective. I like the color better :upsetfavre:

DerrtySouthpaw

Gawdisbyke
Daps
Reppin
404 to 205
real talk,
it sounds backwards but ima lazy procrastinating sleepy ass nikka since i stopped smoking. :leon:

usually i run on 5 or less hours of sleep, get things done, am very active and have initiative in everything from learning programming to constantly cleaning and cooking. Im much more outgoing/friendly, neat, and productive.
And I dont mean JUST when Im high, it applies when im sobered up. all this is true even if im smoking just 2 or 3 times a week,
Im like ole dude on Limitless when I smoke on the norm. :smugdraper:

But since I stopped?? :sadcam: I become very pessimistic, the world and everyone in it is dull but im not about to commit that so I have to constantly remind myself to make the best of it, where as before it was natural.

Its like taking all the color out of a nice picture, its the same pic but it gives you an ENTIRELY different perspective. I like the color better :upsetfavre:

naww nikka thats me too haha. the bolded is why its backwards

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

---

Amazing post.

Don't know if I can give up the weed, though.

:noah: