You Can Only Pick 3 Fincher Films for a Marathon. Which ones you watching?

Which 3 you choosing?

• Zodiac

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Fight Club

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • The Social Network

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Se7en

Votes: 40 87.0%
  • Gone Girl

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • The Curious Case...

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Panic Room

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • The Game

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Went with

Fight Club because its one of my favorite movies of all time

Seven because its an incredible thriller, great performances from everyone involved

The Game because I'd like a bit of a wild card and not just rewatch the ones I liked best. Also chronologically the first of his movies that had a different feel to it in my personal understanding of things.

Amazing director

For those who didn't get into MINDHUNTER, it's def a jem

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Zodiac, Fight Club and Seven. Great career, but Zodiac is his peak imo, great film that I think is still underrated.

Zodiac is almost more like watching a multi episode true crime doc than a typical movie. Part of what makes it so strong.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Zodiac is almost more like watching a multi episode true crime doc than a typical movie. Part of what makes it so strong.
Yeah I think it's great how we basically get to watch what the case does to 3 different kinda ppl (Ruffalo, Gylenhal and RDJ's characters).

ThirdAct

Superstar
Daps
Saw Fight Club sometime in 1999, or early 2000 on video.

Didn't appreciate it as much then, but also was moved more by the plot and twists, the shock value, I was 14,

the first 1/3 of the movie, the social commentary, very much ahead of it's time. The consumerism, the ikea, the bland corporate existence, the ennuni of daily life as a worker, making more money just to order from mass marketed yuppie catalogs, (AMAZON!) the corporate travel, (Up In the Air) the lack of masculine identity, that is so common now (Andrew Tate, Jordan Peterson) men seeking identity through violence.

it's a very very prescient movie. it must have seemed a little extreme in 1999, but 20 years plus later, it's accurate.

Presicent for sure. Predicted the modern aggrieved fascist white male movement. Plus that final shot is eerie in how similar it is to 9/11.

The only knock I have against it that the "shock value" moments ("I haven't been fukked like that since grade school", putting human fat in soap, etc.) sometimes feels like what a 16-year-old kid would think is really edgy. But I still think the acting, plot, character arcs, directing, cinematography, etc. is pretty brilliant and top tier.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: ADP

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Presicent for sure. Predicted the modern aggrieved fascist white male movement. Plus that final shot is eerie in how simiar it is to 9/11.

The only knock I have against it that the "shock value" moments ("I haven't been fukked like that since grade school", putting human fat in soap, etc.) sometimes feels like what a 16-year-old kid would think is really edgy. But I still think the acting, plot, character arcs, directing, cinematography, etc. is pretty brilliant and top tier.
If anything Fincher made it too sleek, stylish and sexy. Idk who else coulda done it but maybe someone more comfortable with comedy. A lot of Palahniuk's shyt is transgressive and satirical but FC lost some of that edge by being just way too cool a film lol

InGodWeTrust

Tall & Handsome in ATL
Daps
Se7en
Gone Girl
Fight Club

Hon. mention The Game

Alien 3 was trash

• Dap
Reactions: ADP