You can choose one or the other - 75k yr (for life) or 200k year (but only as long as you work your current job)

Which option are you taking?

• Total voters

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
:mjlol: @ anyone taking the $200,000

I'm sure some people would be able to invest and flip the extra income :manny: whereas with 75K you wouldn't have nearly as much to invest after bills

And of course there's no guarantee how long you'll live. Not saying I'd do that though.

$75k for life - jobs have about a 2 year expiration on them before I’m ready to leave. That $75k would give me flexibility as to what type of work I take on

Edit: is it $75k /$200k per year only, or $75k/$200k on top of whatever you earn at your job?

Nope, it's what your job pays. If you take the 75K then that's your yearly income for life no matter what you do (unless it's passive or non work-related income like investments or you win/inherit money). Only way to make more is to do it outside work (investments, real estate, etc.).

With the 200k, whatever job you're currently at pays 200k for as long as you stay, and once you leave the deal is off.

Daps
If you had the options, which of these would you pick

1. $75,000/yr (before taxes) - you get this regardless of whether you work or not. Your income is 75k/yr for life. Never goes up, but it's guaranteed for your entire life no matter what else you do or what happens.

2. $200,000/yr (before taxes) - starts immediately, but you have to keep working your current job. If or when you leave the job this stops, and you no longer receive any money. Even if you get another job you just get whatever that job pays. So if you work at McDonalds you only get 200k for as long as you work there, if you ever try to leave McD's the deal is off. Once you retire from working this ends. If you don't have a job then you have to get one in order to get the 200k, and it only lasts for as long as you stay at that first job you get. Has to be a fulltime job and being self-employed doesn't count.

Which option we going with? Stack at the current job for X amount of years (even if you hate it) or take the lifetime option?
$75k/year...easily.

It's basically a pension that I get while working AND when I retire. I'd put that money in a high yield savings account and just let it grow. Maybe split it between index funds and savings.

$200k/yr would make sense if it applied to any job....but it only applies to your current job/company. You get laid off and you NEVER get the $200k again. Meanwhile the $75k option...you get that money whether you work, get laid off, retire etc.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It'll be taxed the same way it would be taxed at any normal job.

No cost of living adjustments :ufdup:that 75K is guaranteed for life but it's not going up
hmmm so basically an extra 50K a year. meh ill probably take the 75K for life and live somewhere cheap

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'm sure some people would be able to invest and flip the extra income :manny: whereas with 75K you wouldn't have nearly as much to invest after bills

And of course there's no guarantee how long you'll live. Not saying I'd do that though.

Nope, it's what your job pays. If you take the 75K then that's your yearly income for life no matter what you do (unless it's passive or non work-related income like investments or you win/inherit money). Only way to make more is to do it outside work (investments, real estate, etc.).

With the 200k, whatever job you're currently at pays 200k for as long as you stay, and once you leave the deal is off.
Then neither. Both are a paycut

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The $200k. I would only need to work 10 more years and I would be able to retire very comfortably. I like my job anyway.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
Give me the 75K. I'd be banking like vets on permanent disability.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You hate your job if you turn down the 200k lol.
I don't hate my job but I definitely don't wanna do it any longer.
$75k for life - jobs have about a 2 year expiration on them before I’m ready to leave. That $75k would give me flexibility as to what type of work I take on

Edit: is it $75k /$200k per year only, or $75k/$200k on top of whatever you earn at your job?
Faaaaaaaaaaam. As a brotha about to hit 3 years at my job, i'm fukking over it. The definition of "Phoning it in" would have pictures of me taking a 2 hour lunch, coming back to the office to eat food (yes, independent of lunch), and hitting an empty room for a nap. I've never been with an employer for so long, much less the same damn position.

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
75k/year brehs gonna be dead out here when inflation reaper comes :huhldup:

As long as my job is guaranteed to be available to me for life, I’m taking the 200k.