Yelawolf Talks About His Frustration With Interscope & Shady Records On Shade 45

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
fukk a major label deal. It's 2012, shyt is flipped. It used to be if the majors didn't find you you had to do it yourself...

Now it's do it yourself and if it doesn't work financially then eventually you might have to cave in and sign to a major (or get a real job). A major should be a last resort, I don't care who you are.

Bean

GOAT 8/24
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PA
i'll tell you what is goin on upstairs Yela, they just figured out you were :trash: and they wasted time on you.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the only reason 50 & G-Unit did what they did under the Aftermath umbrella is because he purposefully bucked the system

as for the rest of 'em, Shady 2.0 is starting to seem like Shady 1.0

:wtb: all them hits ain't have shyt to do with it?

I can't help but laugh at all these white rappers who wuz gettin signed like hot cakes who thought they wuz about to be the next big star:laff: thy mad as fuk they had to find out they had to be more than just white to succeed...:laugh: at these labels who thought they wuz gon see mac miller profits on all these cacs too.

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
:wtb: all them hits ain't have shyt to do with it?

breh did Hit-Man not make hits on 2001? where's his single at? where's Rakim's single at? Why didn't we get something from Bishop Lamont? the vast majority of aftermath/shady artists in the 2000s didn't even get a chance to make hits

G-Unit put out a bunch of albums , it wasn't an accident, 50 purposefully worked around the regular system there

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
This is really simple. Had he sold a lot more records on his last release, there wouldn't be any dragging of the feet. Since it did poorly, they do not want to expend a lot of resources on him until he can get himself buzzing again.

Of course he is having problems, he is on a very visible label and he just doesn't make music a lot of people like. Clem is right, he never should have signed with them and they never should have signed him.

John Hull

You can’t see me!
Daps
Reppin
Studio gangstas
Agree with the previous comments. Never should have signed with Shady. As wack as Mac Miller is, he connects more with the teenyboppers that buy records off iTunes (lol).

Yelawolf looks like a retired skateboarder, he should bounce clubs in West Hollywood or something.