Ya'll tried this Dauntless game?

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I used to like MH's methodical approach to combat. I first played it on the PS2 years ago. As I get order though, I just want to get in on the action and look cool doing it.

I look for more simpler games now and this feels right to me. Not a knock on MH though, It's king for a reason. I think it was Nergigante that made me go "Yea, I'm done lol" I beat him but my god, I didn't feel like I had fun doing it.
Really? Nerg? I thought Diablos and Teostra were way harder. But I know Nerg was a bane to a lot of people. I've probably downed Nerg more than any other monster.

Fortnite and MH fusion.
The MH influence is obvious, but other than it's free to play nature, I don't really see see the Fortnite influence.

Apex still being played? :russ:

Battle Royale games lost their spark
Have they taken a hit on Twitch? That'll be the real signal of their decline.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Really? Nerg? I thought Diablos and Teostra were way harder. But I know Nerg was a bane to a lot of people. I've probably downed Nerg more than any other monster.

Looking for the spike color change and having dive ready takes away his biggest hitter.

Oh yeah, I can see why everyone thinks the lance in Duantless is the worst weapon in the game. After spending so much time between Lance and Gunlance, it sucks that Dauntless doesn't have a more defensive weapon.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps

I enjoyed fighting Diablos, even the Black variant. Never fought the Lion.

I was already getting tired of the game before Nerg and fighting him once sealed it for me.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
The problem I'm having with Dauntless at the moment, or rather I should say the main problem, is the orbs don't drop on the lower beasts. So it's hard to upgrade your gear so that you can fight....say....a 200 power fire beast. Yes, I can go fight him underpowered, but what sense does that make in the grand scheme of things? You should have the option to jump in against OP beasts but you should also be able to build up your gear to a power level that you feel will give you a fighting chance.

Some of the other minor gripes that just keep hurting the experience is not being able to cancel a matchmaking attempt. Once it starts you are stuck and as I said before, some times you have to wait 5-7 minutes. I get that this is a free to play game and not all the I's are dotted and not all the T's are crossed but something that simple should be a no brainer. Speaking of free to play, I just hate how every aspect of customization is behind a paywall. It gets to the point where it goes well beyond the cost of a normal game. shyt is ridiculous.

I think my time with this game is drawing to a close just as quickly as it started.

MarcusDigital

Being Real Till Aint No Real Left
Daps
I just downloaded this a few days ago. Imma play when I get back to the crib in a few days.

Im vibing with the whole monster battle system