Ya'll tried this Dauntless game?

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps

In open beta right now, don't know if it will always be free to play but I checked it out last night and this shyt really fun. :ehh:

Everything is a boss fight and each boss feels unique, even when going back to fight them more than once.

https://playdauntless.com/

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
Its not terrible.

Its a MH clone - I'm looking forward to it but I know its not for everyone.

Yeah I was thinking it was probably similar to that, but I've never played it. I only have PC.

L Ray

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Glass city
Started this today on PS4. At first seemed like nothing special:patrice: but then realized I played it for like 5 hours straight :lolbron:. Not sure how much grinding for parts will keep me interested but I fukks with it for now

L Ray

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Glass city
Not sure if my game was glitching or not but being unable to cancel a hunt search is fukking horrible :hhh:. I was waiting like 10 minutes and can't do shyt in between but wait. had to keep exiting to the main menu and re log in :deadmanny:.

However the servers were fukked up so not sure if that is normal or not.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
Not sure if my game was glitching or not but being unable to cancel a hunt search is fukking horrible :hhh:. I was waiting like 10 minutes and can't do shyt in between but wait. had to keep exiting to the main menu and re log in :deadmanny:.

That is my only complaint with it so far, that and how Fortnite like cartoonish it looks but it seems cool enough to to pass some time when I don't feel like bouncing between my usual Division 2, BOPS 4 or Destiny 2.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
I'm gonna try this based on having dual pistols. I'm hoping its a more mobile LBG

L Ray

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Glass city
That is my only complaint with it so far, that and how Fortnite like cartoonish it looks but it seems cool enough to to pass some time when I don't feel like bouncing between my usual Division 2, BOPS 4 or Destiny 2.

Was thinking the same thing as you.:smugdraper:. I have a backlog like a motherfukker and trying to hit that and jumping on Apex seems like a decent side piece. Server issues need to be fixed ASAP though or this shyts gonna die :damn:

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Looks interesting. I'm a MH vet at this point so I'll have to give this a go.

I got bored of MH and dauntless is a faster version, kept me occupied.

Servers are being hammered because it’s the first cross platform game :blessed:

Xbox, PS4, and PC playing together.

I'm gonna try this based on having dual pistols. I'm hoping its a more mobile LBG

It’s pretty mobile, I love it.

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I got bored of MH and dauntless is a faster version, kept me occupied.

I'm about 10 hours in. I think MH is by far the better game. I'm not quite sure how you could get bored of MH but enjoy this game. They are virtually the same but MH is vastly more polished. And that's not a knock on this game. MH should be. It's a retail game whereas this is free to play. This game is definitely more fast paced though, but I don't feel it has the nuance nor does it require the technique and skill that MH does. That could be a good or bad thing depending on which way you look at it. IMO bad from a gameplay perspective but good in regards to getting people to play it, especially those folks that were turned off by the learning curve and difficulty of MH. I just find MH to be more rewarding to my dopamine levels.

Servers are being hammered because it’s the first cross platform game :blessed:

Xbox, PS4, and PC playing together.
Oddly enough it is still taking me a very long time to matchmake for battles. There are a few times where I have gotten into battles within the first minute but most of the time the timer ticks up to between 5 and 7 minutes before it finds a match. Sometimes it doesn't even find one and the time just ends. And the bad thing is on the PS4 you can't cancel the matchmaking until it finds one and then you can tell it to abandon it. I'm not sure if that's a bug or by design.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend Dauntless though. Even with some of the minor gripes.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I'm about 10 hours in. I think MH is by far the better game. I'm not quite sure how you could get bored of MH but enjoy this game. They are virtually the same but MH is vastly more polished. And that's not a knock on this game. MH should be. It's a retail game whereas this is free to play. This game is definitely more fast paced though, but I don't feel it has the nuance nor does it require the technique and skill that MH does. That could be a good or bad thing depending on which way you look at it. IMO bad from a gameplay perspective but good in regards to getting people to play it, especially those folks that were turned off by the learning curve and difficulty of MH. I just find MH to be more rewarding to my dopamine levels.

I used to like MH's methodical approach to combat. I first played it on the PS2 years ago. As I get order though, I just want to get in on the action and look cool doing it.

I look for more simpler games now and this feels right to me. Not a knock on MH though, It's king for a reason. I think it was Nergigante that made me go "Yea, I'm done lol" I beat him but my god, I didn't feel like I had fun doing it.