Y'all talk about neckbeards, but SOME of y'all are being worked after Wrestlemania

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Last night, you wanted Cody, a man whom last night marked 12-months of his WWE return, a man whom was injured for 8-9 months of that 12 months, and completely off TV....you expected HIM to waltz back in and end the Bloodline story, right now? How Sway?

And u say, "well, just bc he beat Roman doesn't mean the Bloodline goes away"....umm, yeah it pretty much does. Everything about the Bloodline is related to their gold around their waist. So now you want to put BOTH belts on Cody with NOBODY even in mind as a #1 contender?

So many of you saying things like, "When's the last time Roman won clean?" Well guess what, that's likely going to be apart of the Bloodline breakdown.

Usos will be mad that they are ALWAYS there to help Roman, but he wasn't there for them when they lost their titles. Not even Solo helped them.

So there's more to the story than white-meat babyface Cody being HANDED the title just bc he cut a few good promos. Which, by the way, based on his promos the last 2-3 weeks, my bs detector started going off and I felt like Roman would retain.

Cody will win prob at SummerSlam and you will get your wish, but right now it's too early.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I don't disagree with your post at all. There's more story to tell here especially with Jey Uso and Roman. Plus, Solo pretty much got Cody back for ending his streak this past week.

But, I also don't think it would have been a bad decision to crown Cody. He's the top merch seller right now. He's really over. The crowd wanted it. There was some magic there with Cody and I'm not sure they'll be able to keep the magic going. It's a risk.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
He's really over. The crowd wanted it. There was some magic there with Cody and I'm not sure they'll be able to keep the magic going. It's a risk.
True! But WWE did nothing to make that happen.

It's like Cody just came back last year as a top tier face with no required build. And he's been on since then

I think more promos of "i must win, i will defeat you" etc will keep the live crowd engaged. A couple months of aligning with KO and Sami will fill out the time as well, bc I know the Usos aren't gone from the tag title picture

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
True! But WWE did nothing to make that happen.

It's like Cody just came back last year as a top tier face with no required build. And he's been on since then

I think more promos of "i must win, i will defeat you" etc will keep the live crowd engaged. A couple months of aligning with KO and Sami will fill out the time as well, bc I know the Usos aren't gone from the tag title picture
Nah this is the exact same thing we complained about with HHH's run. Gotta keep it consistient here. At wrestlemania 2000 HHH won that four way lastly beating the Rock. Rock should have won there and not next month at Backlash. Same thing for Cody. They had an organic mega babyface with all the motivation in the world, a legendary family and the experience to beat Roman convincingly. He was the last knight to slay the dragon and he failed. Now what do you do?

Jey would be a transitional champion at best and theres nothing that says Jey, who already lost to Roman twice, can beat him now. Solo is a possibility but youll need months of buildup for that and if they end Roman's reign at Summerslam does it have the same effect as their biggest wrestlemania ever?

This isnt about Cody this is about good storytelling and they just jumped the shark with the Bloodline.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I think people just want to end the holding pattern with Reigns as Champion moreso than wanting Cody to win. It feels stagnant. After Reigns vs Sami... There was no place to go but rehashing the same shyt till SummerSlam.

Dipsey Doo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Ya'll Roman marks are something else

Ya boy won....no need to rub it in to the people that wanted to see a change.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Nah this is the exact same thing we complained about with HHH's run. Gotta keep it consistient here. At wrestlemania 2000 HHH won that four way lastly beating the Rock. Rock should have won there and not next month at Backlash. Same thing for Cody. They had an organic mega babyface with all the motivation in the world, a legendary family and the experience to beat Roman convincingly. He was the last knight to slay the dragon and he failed. Now what do you do?

Jey would be a transitional champion at best and theres nothing that says Jey, who already lost to Roman twice, can beat him now. Solo is a possibility but youll need months of buildup for that and if they end Roman's reign at Summerslam does it have the same effect as their biggest wrestlemania ever?

This isnt about Cody this is about good storytelling and they just jumped the shark with the Bloodline.

Terrible comparison. Triple H used to do 20 minute promos to start the show and didn’t say anything entertaining in those 20 minutes.

People turned the channel off by millions. Meanwhile Roman selling out stadiums.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah, Roman is an incredible draw. Big difference between him and many of the other comparisons. shyt pulled me back in after about 15 years not watching.
The Bloodline, Tribal Chief, etc. is terrific, generational branding. It just punches.
That's how you know you got something. You shut that off then you risk the next guy not having 'it'.

Honestly, the WWE is doing a great job of not catering to the 'purists' on this storyline.
Catering to the purists will leave your product with the 'niche' label like the fgc (fighting game community) going through. You need the casuals.
The time will come, but it's not now.

Last edited:

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Terrible comparison. Triple H used to do 20 minute promos to start the show and didn’t say anything entertaining in those 20 minutes.

People turned the channel off by millions. Meanwhile Roman selling out stadiums.
Roman is still the most forced main eventer of all time. This isnt about promos this is about shyt getting stale. And as evidenced by what I just read about Lesnar and Cody, they dont have a fukking clue what to do now.