Y'all Taking Advantage of MIT, Yale, Stanford, and Harvard's Open Course Learning?

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
First of all, one has to truly applaud Universities such as Stanford, MIT, Harvard, UC Berkeley, and Yale for leading the charge in OpenCourse learning. They are virtually allowing the public to access lectures from the world’s greatest thinkers in various subjects/programs for free. This is great for anyone that loves knowledge, looking to develop a new skill, or even a new college student that wants to see what its like to be in a top-flight Engineering or Mathematics program before committing to a major. They upload the syllabus for the class, give assignments, and it can be graded. You can also communicate with other students on the message boards.

Me, I'm currently engaged in MIT's Electrical Engineering and Computer Science program. I"m also viewing Harvard's Computer Science courses to keep my knowledge of Computation and Computational Thinking fresh and updated.

Also, MIT, Harvard and Stanford actually allow users to sign up and receive certificates and get credit after completing certain courses through edx.org :ohhh:.

For anyone out there that want the opportunity to increase their knowledge from some of the world's best professors, just click on the links and :eat:. Some of you might just learn some new skills while you're at it :leon:. Anyways, I challenge all of you to pick a subject and go through all the lectures in the course and let this be the beginning of learning something useful and new :obama: for free :krs:

MIT - MIT OpenCourseWare | Free Online Course Materials
Yale - Open Yale Courses
Harvard - Harvard Open Courses for Free | Open Learning Initiative
Stanford - Stanford School of Engineering - Stanford Engineering Everywhere
UC Berkely - webcast.berkeley | UC Berkeley Video and Podcasts for Courses & Events
The World's Courses, Online, For Free (Duke, Georgia Tech, Michigan, Ohio State, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, etc.) - https://www.coursera.org/
Free online learning, Math, Science and Economics, Humanities, Test Prep - https://www.khanacademy.org/

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Been doing that. :salute:

Took a programming class from Stanford early last year.

Enrolled in a few more this year

:salute: that's what I'm talking bout, breh. I love to see go-getters get out here and get this knowledge. And it's free :wow: The value of this type of shyt is just :wow:. People really don't have that many excuses to be fukk-ups in this day and age because everything is available to you if you're willing to put in a little work.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
:salute: that's what I'm talking bout, breh. I love to go-getters get out here and get this knowledge. And it's free :wow: The value of this type of shyt is just :wow:. People really don't have that many excuses to be fukk-ups in this day and age because everything is available to you if you're willing to put in a little work.

If I hang around nine positive minds...I would be the tenth :damn:

I added another site to my post that offers free classes from other colleges if you wanna add that to the OP.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Mechancial Engineering Grad here

I listened to a couple of the MIT EE lectures with that indian dude. shyt had me like :whoo::ohhh::gladbron::damn::merchant:

Yea, that shyt is EYE-OPENING, but I love it. I've made it my duty to listen to and understand a new lecture every two days or so. Sometimes I just plug my headphones into my laptop and just :ahh:. I enrolled in this one MIT course and it starts on February 4th :whoo:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Pretty cool stuff :ehh:

Still working on my goal to go to one of those schools tho for grad :jawalrus: :wow:

Go ahead and get a jump on it, breh. MIT has it Graduate level lectures available online as well :blessed:. You can go ahead and peep your professor's teaching style before you even step foot into the classroom :wow: