Y'all Seen this HATRED trailer??

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The game looks like a regular two stick top down shooter with some close up executions that could easily be found in red dead redemption. I say, release it, it won't do that well anyway. :yeshrug:

@2:25 you can literally hang someone with a noose from a bridge

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The game looks like a regular two stick top down shooter with some close up executions that could easily be found in red dead redemption. I say, release it, it won't do that well anyway. :yeshrug:

@2:25 you can literally hang someone with a noose from a bridge

*Edit

"Hatred" isn't doing anything that hasn't been done already multiple times across every console generation.

SN: How can you blame violence in video games and movies for real violence, and then defend the violent lyrics in hip hop as artistic expression? Let's be subjective and show a little consistency. Only YOU are responsible for YOU, not Eminem and GTA V.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
You know whats weird.

Every single game they always rarely show black people yet one like this comes out where people are being killed then all of a sudden they make sure to put in a couple of black people.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
ummm... freedom of assembly, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, and freedom of speech?

there is no reason the game should have been removed from steam's greenlight

:mindblown: If you go out in front of Wendys with a sign that says "Cheese burgers SUCK!" then go in and apply for a job and they laugh at you and throw the application back at you, you can't complain about your freedom of speech being hindered. You're just an idiot. Companies have every right to stay away from anything that would cause them to lose money or conflict with their own morals at their own discretion.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'm so glad these fakkit ass cacs are going to see all their hard work go down the tubes. I think I'm bout to buss :noah:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
IF you dont like it, don't play it.

I think all these people saying it should be banned and acting outrage are part of a guerrilla marketing campaign. It was removed from stream because they refused to get an ESRB rating. I think that is part of their marketing plan too.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps

Oh man, I wanted to see what he had to say about it.

Hmm I usually like Totalbiscuit and his opinions, but he is making some pretty terrible arguments as to why it shouldn't be viewed as harshly as it did initially by some critics. Context IS everything and to simply hide behind the fact that there are similarities such as gore in games such as GTA is a rather loose connection. The film argument is also rather weak as watching a tv show/movie is a passive viewing experience for many versus an active viewing experience that is required in video games. In a video game you are a participant, you take control of the protagonist or object. His opinion of the protagonist being a "corny" character is his sole opinion, it has a stronger chance to influence someone to take an action as opposed to a film because of the active element I just mentioned.

He also made a HUGE leap towards the end of the video in where he is saying that it is "certainly" not going to corrupt children or inspire someone because it very well can. Jumping to conclusions as to the intentions of some in gaming media to criticize the trailer reveal is rather immature on his part. In fact, he has shown quite the opposite of maturity in this video as he seemingly cannot make the distinction as to why a mostly passive medium vs an active experience can have a different effect on individuals.

I can break this down even more, but I am not in the mood to type out a full fledged argument as to why that's a terrible review of the game overall. Personally, I won't play Hatred because it doesn't look interesting to me.