Yall savescumming?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So I'm confused, I don't speak um..cool guy :yeshrug: but if I'm interpreting correctly you guys are saying you save a billion times then you load one of those saves any time you face a challenge?...

:gucci:

I connect dots that may or may not be there but in a real life situation do you wish you savescummed when stuffed into a locker? :patrice: I'd flip the term as the jock and be like "let's savescum some nerds, this locker can be the SSD" but I'm old skool

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So I'm confused, I don't speak um..cool guy :yeshrug: but if I'm interpreting correctly you guys are saying you save a billion times then you load one of those saves any time you face a challenge?...

:gucci:

I connect dots that may or may not be there but in a real life situation do you wish you savescummed when stuffed into a locker? :patrice: I'd flip the term as the jock and be like "let's savescum some nerds, this locker can be the SSD" but I'm old skool
nah

its reloading a single save as many times as you need to get a result you want

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Older games yeah, but newer games, not very often. Not many modern games lack autosave or frequent saving. And even more games lack well defined routes,you might get some additional dialogue but endings vary very little.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
nah

its reloading a single save as many times as you need to get a result you want
The fact it has a name says enough tho, I just feel like you guys have no issue with ruining an experience.

These developers spend years at a time crafting a journey while balancing the game with rigorous testing and once they have their vision complete they send it to you a$$holes who will at the first sign of adversity will Forza freeze the moment and reduce, relive, retell the story as you see fit. I just find that very..arrogant or impulsive? Compulsive? Whatever adjective you wanna use, cut that shyt out. Quit micromanaging and relax, you won't get a shytty ending :mjlol:

In most games :birdman:

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Ni-Oh is the only game I've done this in, with re-forging weapons/armor. The RNG on skills is ridiculous, and resources are limited, so I'd run it one skill at a time until I get what I want. Then I'd upload that save to the cloud and move to the next skill. It can get tedious, but it's worth it in the end.

The other games I could see ppl doing it in are the SoulsBorne games if they're trying to get the platinum in as less time as possible (having to do multiple endings). I personally love replaying them games, so I don't bother, but I can see the allure for those that don't care to replay the games.

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
My savescumming caught up with me yesterday :mjcry: one of the two characters I started in the the game in the slave camp with was killed in a raid yesterday :(. I been quicksaving so much I overwrote any remotely recent save.
Was the saddest limp back home for a beaten squad. I'm still holding back tears man. :mjcry: I'll make the holy nation pay for what they did