Y'all remember when South Park ethered Family Guy?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Great episode. Kinda made me look at FG differently :mjlol:

FG and Simspons have had some great digs goin at each other too
Definitely changed my opinion of Family Guy. As a freshmen in college, that show saved my life pulling all-nighters and shyt. It was the only thing that was ever on tv at that time.

But SP came through and crushed the buildings :lolbron:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I mean it was a big deal at the time but it didn't do damage to Family Guy. They came back next season with a huge Star Wars parody.

I think the biggest deal that came out of those episodes to me was Comedy Central p*ssying out on showing Muhammad in the episode when he was already on their years before.

Black White Sox Hat

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
From Wiki:

"Cartoon Wars Part II" contains several cultural references. The episode parodies the Fox animated sitcom Family Guy, which was revived from cancellation the previous year and attracted immense popularity. Parker stated "we totally understand that people love it, that's why we put it in the show, we understand that it speaks to some people and it can just be a simple laugh and that's great and we certainly don't think it should be taken off the air or anything like that, we just don't respect it in terms of writing", later referring to the writers behind the show as "smart" but emphatically criticizing their overuse of "gag-humor".

In referencing Family Guy, the episode also brings another Fox television sitcom into the equation: The Simpsons. Following the airing of the episode's first part, the duo received flowers from the producers of The Simpsons and phone calls from those involved with King of the Hill at Fox (who remarked, in reference to their mocking of Family Guy, "you're doing God's work.")Parker claimed that the majority of Hollywood at the time disliked the success of Family Guy, both for what was viewed as subpar, lazy writing and for petty, jealous reasons, regarding its high ratings.As Parker and Stone immensely respected The Simpsons, they incorporated the reactions into the episode, with Cartman meeting Bart Simpson, with whom he shares a dislike of Family Guy. The duo also inserted a reference to the staff at King of the Hill. "There was this animation solidarity moment, where everyone did come together over their hatred of Family Guy," Parker joked.

Fukkery.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
When they started basing every episode around whatever happened to be in the news that week :beli: Different strokes breh

I like that they're doing multi episode arcs now, and not always hitting the reset button. E.g., PC Principal is the only character ever to have a "win" over Cartman that lasted for more than one episode.

And they didn't go the obvious direction with PC Principal. Instead of turning him into a punching bag, they turned him into a thug.