Y’all really need to stop with this minority ‘Wake Up call’ nonsense.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Facts. And I think this is the source of resentment that some black Americans have against Africans.

I think some may feel like, even after going through colonialism, when they come to america, instead of automatically linking up with black people and our cause, there is a rejection of us and a buy into what some may believe to be white supremacy.

I don’t espouse these views but I think this may be the source of animosity some diasporeans have against continentals, if any.
Black Americans don't have no resentment against. They have resentment toward us.

Now we're doing our own thing (ADOS) and mufuggas have a problem with that.

:yeshrug:

BlackJesus

Spread science, save with coupons
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Can you expound on this? This is always mentioned but no one actually mentions what those values are?

African immigrants believe in the stereotypical "American dream" values of hard work, education, thift, small business ownership etc. These values are at odds with black Americans due to our unique experience in this country (which is understandable) often being denied these things historically.

Understanding of our respective viewpoints is a better strategy than mud flinging. That doesn't seem to be getting either of our communities anywhere

• Dap
Reactions: boy

invalid

Banned
Daps
African immigrants believe in the stereotypical "American dream" values of hard work, education, thift, small business ownership etc. These values are at odds with black Americans due to our unique experience in this country (which is understandable) often being denied these things historically.

So what are African American values?

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
So what are African American values?
Right.

I'm AA and my folks did all of this

We just know that it's not as simple as some Africans make it out to be (when they keep saying we "Wasted" opportunities)

Last edited: