Yall Ready To Have That Talk About Succession Yet or Nah....

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
Been a couple months since that finale came & went and as much as I like Succession it's clear that it's not one of them or up on the mt rushmore of GOAT shows. Its clearly not better than:

Breaking Bad
The Wire
Sopranos
Friday Night Lights
Better Call Saul
Game of Thrones (even with the trash ass last season)
The Shield
And Im probably forgetting a couple rn

Theme might be the GOAT. :wow:

And Logan Roy might have an argument to be on the Mt Rushmore of GOAT character

But as a complete series, Being one of the GOATs:

BackWeirdBream-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
The Emmys, when it eventually does happen, is going to be a Succession coronation.

I'm still seeing references to the show in all kinds of random places. So many random things in politics and sports and current events and movie/tv/book discussions find ways to reference the characters and plots of Succession. It's permeated pop culture.

GOAT top 5 show.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
The Emmys, when it eventually does happen, is going to be a Succession coronation.

I'm still seeing references to the show in all kinds of random places. So many random things in politics and sports and current events and movie/tv/book discussions find ways to reference the characters and plots of Succession. It's permeated pop culture.

GOAT top 5 show.
Cool, Its not going against any of the shows I mentioned though...

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
All I know is it's not with The Sopranos or The Wire, I'd even put Better Call Saul above it.

Truthfully, the show benefitted from being a dramedy...it's dramatic elements don't reach the highs of other top shows and it's not as funny as other solely dedicated to laughs. It was great and a top 15 show of all time but I can't put up there with the all time greats.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I tried several times, but I just couldn’t get into this show. I never felt any of these characters had any stakes on the line. Plus the comedy really wasn’t that good to me.