Y'all not fukkin with Knightfall on History???

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I avoided Vikings cause of it being on History. Once The Last Kingdom came out folks were telling me not bother with Vikings since TLK was superior.

i tried watching it a couple years ago and the first 5 eps weren't doing nothing for me so I dropped it. My mom loves it tho

Exactly

:gucci: HOLY shyt!!!!!! You 2 nikkas done fucced up big by not giving "Vikings" a chance and/or quitting too early. Y'all brehs need to binge catch-up on "Vikings".

Oops, I forgot to actually address the topic of the OP :guilty:.

I'll definitely give Knightfall a watch.....but not until the first season is over. Despite how much I love Vikings now, it took me some time to get there.

And while I hate History Channel slander as much as the next fan, I won't act like they don't have a long history of implying ancient Egyptians were actually aliens.
I'm the reverse of you & @MidniteJay. "The Last Kingdom" hasn't been a priority for me because it'a BBC/Netflix show. If it aired on HBO, Starz, or Showtime; I would've probably jump into TLK by it's 2nd season. I finally got into "Vikings" back in December" and I fuccs with the show heavy. The real-life historical storylines tie-ins that "Vikings" & TLK share, now has TLK a priority for me. I'll probably jump into TLK this summer.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
started watching and love it so far, reminds me of kingdom of heaven and i loved that movie.

PLus I love medieval type ish :blessed:

history stepping up
:ehh: OK, good to see "Knightfall" has your approval @FireDwaneCasey. I'm been wondering if I should check "Knightfall" out. From what I understand, History Channel fired the Showrunner after the 1st season and hired 1 of the writers/story editors/EPs from "Spartacus" & "The Flash", Aaron Helbing, to be the new showrunner in season 2, they're also using directors from "Sparatcus", & they've brought in Mark Hamill to play a major character:

https://deadline.com/2018/08/knightfall-renewed-season-2-mark-hamill-cast-aron-helbing-showrunner-1202444554/

Has the current 2nd season been a step-up from the 1st season?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
:gucci: HOLY shyt!!!!!! You 2 nikkas done fucced up big by not giving "Vikings" a chance and/or quitting too early. Y'all brehs need to binge catch-up on "Vikings".

giphy.gif

Don't recommend me that trash, mane!

J/k but yeah that ship has sailed for me. Already got multiple storylines spoiled by homies that watch it and TLK is enough Viking fukkery for me. Next Assassin's Creed about to be about Vikings too. :shaq2:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I avoided Vikings cause of it being on History. Once The Last Kingdom came out folks were telling me not bother with Vikings since TLK was superior.

I'm the reverse of you & @MidniteJay. "The Last Kingdom" hasn't been a priority for me because it'a BBC/Netflix show. If it aired on HBO, Starz, or Showtime; I would've probably jump into TLK by it's 2nd season. I finally got into "Vikings" back in December" and I fuccs with the show heavy. The real-life historical storylines tie-ins that "Vikings" & TLK share, now has TLK a priority for me. I'll probably jump into TLK this summer.

giphy.gif

Don't recommend me that trash, mane!

J/k but yeah that ship has sailed for me. Already got multiple storylines spoiled by homies that watch it and TLK is enough Viking fukkery for me. Next Assassin's Creed about to be about Vikings too. :shaq2:

I saw screenrant.com put out this article yesterday:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
@MidniteJay Have u got into this show yet? With the changes they made after the 1st season (Replacing the showrunner with 1 of the writers/story editors/EPs from "Spartacus" & "The Flash", Aaron Helbing; using directors from "Spartacus", new characters/actors, & etc.) I'm enjoying the direction season 2 has gone in 5 episodes in. :ehh:

ReadOneBookAWeek

Smoking on a Cac Pack
Daps
It's a weak execution of a great story. The Templar trials form the basis for the Accursed Kings novel series that Game of Thrones drew inspiration from.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
@MidniteJay Have u got into this show yet? With the changes they made after the 1st season (Replacing the showrunner with 1 of the writers/story editors/EPs from "Spartacus" & "The Flash", Aaron Helbing; using directors from "Spartacus", new characters/actors, & etc.) I'm enjoying the direction season 2 has gone in 5 episodes in. :ehh:

I see season 1 on Netflix but with the below lukewarm reception from coli brehs I'm not in a rush to see this. Just started Da Vinci's Demons btw the names in there got me all fukked up, I'm gonna put a hold on watching Medici S2. :deadmanny: