yall heard about this "obama effect" movie?

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
last part should be redited...might who?

A serious health scare ignites John Thomas, an insurance salesman in his 50's to take a closer look at his life. Motivated by a misguided obsession with getting Barack Obama elected, John takes an overwhelming involvement in the Presidential campaign. While John becomes obsessed with the ideal of change that Obama represents for Americans, he has in turn neglected to create positive change in his own life, particularly with regard to his health and familial relationships.

A serious health scare ignites John Thomas, an insurance salesman in his 50s, to take a closer look at his life. Motivated by a misguided obsession with getting Barack Obama elected, John takes an overwhelming involvement in the Presidential campaign. While John becomes obsessed with the ideal of change that Obama represents for Americans, he has in turn neglected to create positive change in his own life, particularly with regard to his health and familial relationships. John hides his health problems from his strong, yet supportive wife, Molly, creating a strain on their marriage. John seeks the support of a Republican relative, MLK, who initially starkly resists supporting a Democratic candidate. John's son, Kalil, rebels against his father's avid support of Obama by supporting the Republican candidate as well. John neglects to support his daughter, Tamika, at a crucial moment in her life, as she has recently fallen in love and become engaged to be married. John faces additional discord with his other son, Jamel, an up-and-coming boxer, who gets mixed up with a shady manager, Slim, as he rises toward a professional boxing career. Joshua, John's recently-paroled brother, also struggles as he attempts to find work in a tough economy and to maintain his new marriage. When Molly discovers that John has been hiding his health scares from her, she urges him to take positive action to improve his bad habits. John works to get back on the right path with his health and family as Obama soars to success in the campaign.

koyaanisqatsi

Banned
Daps
Can someone explain what's happening? I want to click the link but judging by the responses that'd just be a waste of time.

its a movie thats more or less a dumbed-down "'suthern koone" version of . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McCt-_yYLpo]The Ides Of March - Official Trailer [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

:snooze::yeshrug:

Takerstani

Extraterrestrial
Supporter
Daps
:russ: I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard at this. Mitt should show up on the red carpet at the premiere of this monstrosity. :skip:

Roc's character quitting his job? Reminds me of the Bulletball guy. :rudy:

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Yo, I got the impression this was a comedy, but then I watched the trailer. This is supposed to be serious. :snoop:

Daps
last part should be redited...might who?

A serious health scare ignites John Thomas, an insurance salesman in his 50's to take a closer look at his life. Motivated by a misguided obsession with getting Barack Obama elected, John takes an overwhelming involvement in the Presidential campaign. While John becomes obsessed with the ideal of change that Obama represents for Americans, he has in turn neglected to create positive change in his own life, particularly with regard to his health and familial relationships.

A serious health scare ignites John Thomas, an insurance salesman in his 50s, to take a closer look at his life. Motivated by a misguided obsession with getting Barack Obama elected, John takes an overwhelming involvement in the Presidential campaign. While John becomes obsessed with the ideal of change that Obama represents for Americans, he has in turn neglected to create positive change in his own life, particularly with regard to his health and familial relationships. John hides his health problems from his strong, yet supportive wife, Molly, creating a strain on their marriage. John seeks the support of a Republican relative, MLK, who initially starkly resists supporting a Democratic candidate. John's son, Kalil, rebels against his father's avid support of Obama by supporting the Republican candidate as well. John neglects to support his daughter, Tamika, at a crucial moment in her life, as she has recently fallen in love and become engaged to be married. John faces additional discord with his other son, Jamel, an up-and-coming boxer, who gets mixed up with a shady manager, Slim, as he rises toward a professional boxing career. Joshua, John's recently-paroled brother, also struggles as he attempts to find work in a tough economy and to maintain his new marriage. When Molly discovers that John has been hiding his health scares from her, she urges him to take positive action to improve his bad habits. John works to get back on the right path with his health and family as Obama soars to success in the campaign.

:what:

I'm at work on my phone, so I haven't watched the trailer, but the first synopsis looked like the outline to what could actually be a pretty good movie. The second, expanded synopsis shows that this a muddled mess