Yall Ever Feel Like Youre Smarter Than The Company You Keep?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Its hard to measure intelligence but I must say I feel where OP is coming from. I dont look down and say im smarter then anybody but sometimes you get tired of talking about reality tv and other non sense with certain people.However not many people on this earth you can walk up and start talking to about the solar system and scientific findings.At times you do have to dumb yourself down,in order to keep people's attention it seems :manny:

Dumbing yourself down for any reason is :scusthov:

Why are people so hard up for attention that they need to dumb themselves down to be social?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not really dumbing yourself, its about moderating yourself and knowing how to interact with people. No one likes a smartass or someone who acts like they're better than you. I can hang out with someone who never went to school and have a blast. Its the people who force their opinions on others that I can't kick it with.

innocentdevil

:whoo:
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Nah. My dad, and my boyfriend are smarter than me in different ways. Although I am intelligent myself.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i think i'm smarter than them in some aspects and they're smarter than me in others.

so it really depends what we're talking about.

one thing i do feel though is that a lot of people dumb down themselves depending on who they're talking to. which is why you never truly know if you're smarter than someone. so i just don't even think about it. doesn't really matter if they're smarter or dumber. it is what it is. people tend to be smart about stuff they're interested in. if you feel like someone is dumb, maybe it's because you're in a subject that simply doesn't stimulate them.

EDIT: also, i've noticed that some people dumb themselves down because they're scared of ridicule if they share their more unconventional ideas with others. so we tend to think they're dumb but it's just a mask. a defense mechanism.