Yall Ever Feel Like Youre Smarter Than The Company You Keep?

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
From the Bay to Central CA
Or atleast have more wisdom?

Not saying im a super smart person, but sometimes when im talking to my people im like :merchant: ARE YOU SERIOUS? On some real issues

Im not college educated so im not talking about that, I just feel like alot of people literally dont know whats goin on

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
but maybe im more sinister and have a different outlook on shyt :ld: it just feels like alot of people around me have a complete different outlook on life

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
I love my life but sometimes I envy dumb people, must be great living a shyt life and not knowing.

Tyuhnjko

Pro
Daps
You need to be around smarter people or you will get comfortable and not grow to your full potential. The most influential men, have influential friends.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Most people aren't as smart as I am which is why I don't associate with them.

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
You need to be around smarter people or you will get comfortable and not grow to your full potential. The most influential men, have influential friends.

i feel it. its hard, growing up with certain people and seeing them grow up to be so close minded about shyt right in their face. maybe i just think differently.

and im not the type to go around and make "friends". i make associates im cool with, but i dont really fukk with the like THAT like that... Cant trust too many people these days

OPTiMO

SamsoniteMan
Daps
Reppin
I think it's because im the type of person who wants to know WHY shyt is... A deeper thinker. People cant get with that.

Or rather, i cant get with them.

HalfwayHandsome

A WALKING LICK #502C0MEUP
Daps
Reppin
Louisville Guntucky
Yup my hood friends haven't been exposed to reality they still on that hood shyt. My suburban friends are smarter than me and keep laced on how life really is.

semtex

:)
Daps
My fam is ignorant as hell. And super religious. It's like being around some kids

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
not often, normally just a few people here and there. and it's not like i feel "smarter", i feel like they're obviously wrong about something and they want to stay that way. like i was having a conversation a few days ago with a guy i play with and he was saying some pretty outlandish shyt about practicing and picking songs to play. i actually felt really disrespected as a player considering how much time i devote to practicing and learning but the guy seemed to not care about development of his craft (and it shows too)...

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
i feel it. its hard, growing up with certain people and seeing them grow up to be so close minded about shyt right in their face. maybe i just think differently.

and im not the type to go around and make "friends". i make associates im cool with, but i dont really fukk with the like THAT like that... Cant trust too many people these days

i understand...i went to a college prep high school so i kinda had an advantage...but in public people will reveal intelligence in casual conversation. Its like if you use certain terms or talk about certain topics and you keep getting the :what: face then yeah you prolly should make some new friends.

You can only grow as much as the people around you, if nikkas aint talking about anything of merit or entering new phases of life or planning for the future then you are gonna get stuck to in the same loop because psychologically you won't feel the need to excel or mature. Its real breh.

I was on some bullshyt my first year or so of college and i realized "yo i got friends that are gonna graduate before me, have good jobs before me...i got more talent and skill than these nikkas i gotta do better". Without out the proper social circle that realization wont happen.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I feel smarter because of the dumb people I hang around...that's why I hang around them...that's why I post here and stay out of the Higher Learning section.

Rocket Scientist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
High IQ
Its hard to measure intelligence but I must say I feel where OP is coming from. I dont look down and say im smarter then anybody but sometimes you get tired of talking about reality tv and other non sense with certain people.However not many people on this earth you can walk up and start talking to about the solar system and scientific findings.At times you do have to dumb yourself down,in order to keep people's attention it seems :manny: