Yakuza 3/4/5 - PS4 Remasters

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Seeing they're already translated already kinda hoping we see Yakuza 3 & 4 hit sometime around Christmas (In 3's case)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
3 should restore all the content that got cut once it hits the states :lupe:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
lol @ lame ass niccas in here trying to disrespect Shenmue comparing it to this trash.
When was the last time you played Shenmue? I have all my original copies of Shenmue 1 and 2 and the entire Yakuza series.
Shenmue was groundbreaking and something incredibly special for its time. Today, the game doesn’t hold up as well as you might think. Yakuza streamlined the entire genre that Shenmue perfected at its time and made it a much more entertaining and better paced experience overall. Shenmue does 2 things siginigantly better than Yakuza: the fighting and the depth of exploration. The exploration is cool, but I’m not sure that in 2018 going through every shelf and drawer is going to be all that exciting to me. I love Shenmue, and have always been hurt that we never got to finish what started out to be one of the most epic tales we had ever seen in a video game, but once Yakuza came around I started to really appreciate their more modern take on that style of game and story telling.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
As someone who's never played Yakuza and wants to start, what should I get? I assume get 0 first? Would I be totally lost trying to play 6?

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
As someone who's never played Yakuza and wants to start, what should I get? I assume get 0 first? Would I be totally lost trying to play 6?
Get 0. Each series is technically stand alone, and yakuza 6 has a history section which explains the whole series up to date. Get 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2 in that order we should get release dates for 3,4 & 5 by then

Last edited:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Yup. Ryo = Akira from Virtua Fighter.
I wish Yakuza had that level of depth in it's fighting mechanics.
Yakuza gets VERY repetitive as far as that goes. I found myself doing the same few combos and stick to the same fighting style for every single situation.

Yakuza 0 and kiwami have an insane amount of depth if you play to beat times or for style.

Yakuza fighting system is masterful, its by far the best fighting system for a non dedicated fighting game Ive played. Every single move has an ideal nuanced context for use and there are hundreads of moves.

Yea they made it accessible, so if you want to spam the same sht over and over and beat the game you can but if your trying to play competitively it won't cut it.

Example probably one of the best style players I know is devil:

And even then there was alot he didn't do right that would have made his runs more stylish and efficient.

Mixups, stance transition combos, hyperarmour, 1frame executions, catch throws, meaties, position scaling, distance management etc yakuza has a criminally misunderstood/underrated fighting system.

Its far from repetitive if you play competitively and know what you're doing. And is way deeper than shenmues, it's not even close.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yakuza 0 and kiwami have an insane amount of depth if you play to beat times or for style.

Yakuza fighting system is masterful, its by far the best fighting system for a non dedicated fighting game Ive played. Every single move has an ideal nuanced context for use and there are hundreads of moves.

Yea they made it accessible, so if you want to spam the same sht over and over and beat the game you can but if your trying to play competitively it won't cut it.

Example probably one of the best style players I know is devil:

And even then there was alot he didn't do right that would have made his runs more stylish and efficient.

Mixups, stance transition combos, hyperarmour, 1frame executions, catch throws, meaties, position scaling, distance management etc yakuza has a criminally misunderstood/underrated fighting system.

Its far from repetitive if you play competitively and know what you're doing. And is way deeper than shenmues, it's not even close.

Have you even played Shenmue?:dahell:
Your post reeks of you having absolutely no clue what you’re talking about

llt23

All Star
Daps
Yakuza is more arcadey but you can do whatever you want.

Shenmue is one of my fav games of all time but I definitely dont miss standing in the warehouse and practicing my kicks :russ:

Prob nothing in gaming will ever top the Shenmue 70 man brawl. But I appreciate Yakuza fighting style a lot. You are super strong and you fukk shyt up in entertaining ways. If you havent had a 711 clerk microwave a goons brain in Yakuza 6 you might be playing the game wrong.