NULL
No Nas....No Hov?????????????

HAB9gEQ.gif

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
Remember coppin the first issue with Jay on the cover...they were my preferred mag at the time because the Vibe and source were heavily biased against any thing but NYC (and 2pac) and it showed ...but XXL showed everybody love ...then they sold their soul to interscope/ Aftermath/Shady/G-Unit...and it was a wrap

for the first year or so they kept putting it in the sports section at the newsagent i went to. dumb b*stards couldn't tell the difference between SLAM & XXL

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They did the right thing and got Fab on one. :jawalrus: Definitely copping that

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Xxl vibe and the source were the bible for me from about 95-03 ...remember How inaccurate mags like " right on" would be and they only had like a 1 pg interview or Q&A but it still be wayyy wrong or u turn the page and it goes to something else....But those 3 mags stepped it up and brought hip hop journalism some real cred. And Vibe was literally a huge glossy mag. But yeah those were the good ol days. When I used to fly a lot it was my cds, my three mags, and my "aiwa(?) or Koss headphones" and I'd be in my own world from San Diego to Dallas

Last edited: