Xbox Won TV Features "will not require Gold membership"

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
nah, they are just taking advantage of your guys.

Microsoft makes apps for windows phone and doesn't hide them behind a pay wall either. Explain that one genius. They tried the LIVE model on the PC and how did that go?

you think Microsoft.....might make more money from a Windows phone..........other than from apps.............and therefore might be able to offer them for free? :lupe:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
you think Microsoft.....might make more money from a Windows phone..........other than from apps.............and therefore might be able to offer them for free? :lupe:
:snoop: nevermind, you don't even see why I posed that question

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I can understand them charging for the NFL/ESPN apps. I'm sure they pay a pretty substancial premium to provide those apps.

But i agree that everything else should not be behind the paywall. It doesn't bother me personaly cause I like to play MP games so I almost always have a XBL subscription. But it must suck to people who wouldn't otherwise pay for XBL I guess that why Netflix is so popular on ps3

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I can understand them charging for the NFL/ESPN apps. I'm sure they pay a pretty substancial premium to provide those apps.

But i agree that everything else should not be behind the paywall. It doesn't bother me personaly cause I like to play MP games so I almost always have a XBL subscription. But it must suck to people who wouldn't otherwise pay for XBL I guess that why Netflix is so popular on ps3
I feel like any apps and software that Microsoft isnt paying for or kicking down a part of that live income too, shouldn't be behind a paywall. The live fee should go directly to maintaining azure and other expenses that go to providing the best online service possible. All that other stuff should be free based off of somebody buying the system

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
why should it be like that? because playstation offers free sub-par versions of said app?

Those app's on the xbox take developers to be made, they take up bandwith and other resources that M$ has always charged for with Xbox Live. They are also extremely optimized and run very well and need to be maintained. You pay for what you get.
PS3's Netflix app has ALWAYS been free (and will remain so) and has ALWAYS been superior.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
To all the people saying bad shyt about things behind a pay wall...

Who the hell is buying these systems as non gamers? If be damned if I buy the Ps4 or X1 just to watch tv or netflix...

Who ever is though... they would have enough to not think anything of getting the monthly membership

Last edited:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
really? I don't think its superior. I could be wrong. it does have 3d content though.
Its always had more features. PS3 had a search function for like a year before 360. Even the fukkin Wii had it first.

About the only thing Microsoft had to actually pay for in their Netflix app was that pathetic bribe that forced Playstation users to insert a disc to access the app :heh:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
why should it be like that? because playstation offers free sub-par versions of said app?

Those app's on the xbox take developers to be made, they take up bandwith and other resources that M$ has always charged for with Xbox Live. They are also extremely optimized and run very well and need to be maintained. You pay for what you get.

Cell phones are able to offer these apps for free because the company who the app is for, are the one's developing it. They will make the money back through ad revenue and/or the subscription fee's they already charge for the use of the apps. Microsoft's own people are developing custom apps and running them on their closed ecosystem that uses their resources. This is why these apps are behind the paywall in Live

It's universally agreed that the PS3's Netflix & Youtube App are superior to the Xbox 360 version. Also, explain why apps aren't behind a paywall on AppleTV, Roku, Samsung SmartTVs, Google TV & etc.?

:snoop: Apple just got the ESPN App on AppleTV devices. It's not behind a paywall on AppleTV.

Snitchin Splatter

Working With The Feds
Daps
Reppin
Confidential Informants
It's universally agreed that the PS3's Netflix & Youtube App are superior to the Xbox 360 version. Also, explain why apps aren't behind a paywall on AppleTV, Roku, Samsung SmartTVs, Google TV & etc.?

:snoop: Apple just got the ESPN App on AppleTV devices. It's not behind a paywall on AppleTV.
:duck:

I have a PS3 and 360, Xbox Netflix is better and runs faster and smoother, same with youtube

stop following me around you fukking weirdo