Xbox to launch credit card this year

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also, I just thought about it: introducing what is essentially a Microsoft themed rewards card right as legislation attempting to kill rewards cards entirely is being thrown around is a little crazy. :dead:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This card is 1% cash back. The Citi Double Cash offers 2% minimum on all purchases. This card is mostly only useful for Xbox purchases which is 5% back but I can get that with my Prime Visa and buying Xbox cards on Amazon. I get 6% back on streaming services with my Amex Blue Cash Preferred. It doesn't offer anything of value that's unique to it.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This card is 1% cash back. The Citi Double Cash offers 2% minimum on all purchases. This card is mostly only useful for Xbox purchases which is 5% back but I can get that with my Prime Visa and buying Xbox cards on Amazon. I get 6% back on streaming services with my Amex Blue Cash Preferred. It doesn't offer anything of value that's unique to it.

The card was never meant for you, breh. :mjlol:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Or anybody looking to maximize cashback. It's a shyt card. Everything it offers can be either matched or beat on cards that have way more utility that just being a dedicated Xbox card.

Again, you aren't the person they made this for. It's for people who only needed to see the bolded as a selling point to make a decision.

Literally no specialized card is worth it to anyone other than the patrons of those brands or services. But they're thinking (likely correctly so) that there are more than enough people who spend significantly on XBox enough to justify having this card. For all we know, some of those same people wouldn't be able to justify an Amex Gold or Platinum card, but look at their spending and see enough benefit that this actually works for them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Again, you aren't the person they made this for. It's for people who only needed to see the bolded as a selling point to make a decision.

Literally no specialized card is worth it to anyone other than the patrons of those brands or services. But they're thinking (likely correctly so) that there are more than enough people who spend significantly on XBox enough to justify having this card. For all we know, some of those same people wouldn't be able to justify an Amex Gold or Platinum card, but look at their spending and see enough benefit that this actually works for them.
It's still a mediocre card with a very limited use case. Having a Prime Visa gets you 5% cash back on any video game purchase from hardware to physical software to digital. Granted you have to have Prime but most American households do.

Having a dedicated Xbox card is a waste of a credit hit to get the approval. Hell the Cash+ from US Bank gets 5% back at all electronics stores as one of the quarterly categories you can choose. No annual fee and you can use Best Buy to again get 5% cash back on damn near any video game purchase and beyond.

Redcard from Target is free with an instant 5% off on all purchases.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's still a mediocre card with a very limited use case. Having a Prime Visa gets you 5% cash back on any video game purchase from hardware to physical software to digital. Granted you have to have Prime but most American households do.

Having a dedicated Xbox card is a waste of a credit hit to get the approval. Hell the Cash+ from US Bank gets 5% back at all electronics stores as one of the quarterly categories you can choose. No annual fee and you can use Best Buy to again get 5% cash back on damn near any video game purchase and beyond.

Redcard from Target is free with an instant 5% off on all purchases.
Bingo and @Legal is right as well

There’s better cards to get but I suspect this is for mid tier credit applicants

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Now I see. This is just a copy Sony move.
Bingo and @Legal is right as well

There’s better cards to get but I suspect this is for mid tier credit applicants
If you have bad credit you'd be better off getting a Target Redcard. Way more utility. It's a bit more work to buy and redeem Xbox store cards but you can get 5% back on way more stuff. This card sounds like it's for lazy people who aren't looking to play the cash back game to win.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

If you have bad credit you'd be better off getting a Target Redcard. Way more utility. It's a bit more work to buy and redeem Xbox store cards but you can get 5% back on way more stuff. This card sounds like it's for lazy people who aren't looking to play the cash back game to win.
I agree which is why I said initially people shouldn’t buy in, using your credit for video games isn’t a good thing for most with bad credit

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nah, it's for people who see a card like this and immediately think "Free games! :gladbron: "

Once you understand that the overwhelming majority of credit card debt in this country is carried by people who have multiple cards to spread the hit on real life shyt they couldn't afford, and not actually properly get kickbacks for money they were going to spend anyway, it makes cards like this make a lot more sense, honestly. Almost all of them are worthless outside of the customer who has practically been begging these companies to find new ways to give them their money.

shyt, the only reason I even have a Beat Buy card is because I know that for larger electronics purchases, it's guaranteed 0% APR. Otherwise , that shyt would be bushed expeditiously. :mjlol:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Definitely coppin this

That Amex Platinum hit different. :wow:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That Amex Platinum hit different. :wow:

AmEx been throwing the house at me to upgrade my Gold to a Platinum. I just don't travel enough to really make the most of the benefits, but let me fukk around and get enough free time. I'll fukk around and do the Gold/Platinum double dip. :wow:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
50 years from now , when economists talk about what triggered the 2nd great depression ...they will pinpoint it to this moment.