Xbox tells fans not to hype up their upcoming show.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Xbox: “Check out our upcoming showcase of these 4 games”

The internet: “I wonder what new and surprise announcements will be revealed at the show”

Xbox: “Our showcase is to highlight these 4 games”

The internet: “xbox now downplaying expectations”

:mjlol:
It's insane

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

The internet: “I wonder what new and surprise announcements will be revealed at the show”

Good post.

I would change "the internet" with "Xbox insiders". They do it to themselves, they overhype things, then make long podcasts or YT videos when it misses the mark. A cycle of negativity.

I'm satisfied to see a deeper look into Redfall and Forza. I don't care for Minecraft Legends or Elder Scrolls online and thats fine. I don't need to hope for any additional surprise announcements then be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You should be aiming that sarcasm at X-Bot "insider" extraordinaire Jez Corden who was the one talking about "other games" at the event.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
giphy.gif

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You should be aiming that sarcasm at X-Bot "insider" extraordinaire Jez Corden who was the one talking about "other games" at the event.

I think this is the most frustrating thing about this cycle the last couple of times. The hype has come from people who are, ostensibly, getting their info from sources inside Microsoft. Folks like that need to get all the smoke, because they're essentially just taking advantage of how the original announcement press release was worded in a way where someone could think there would be something other than those four games, while also only mentioning four games by name.

Pretty scummy, considering the XBox fanbase is definitely ready for some news.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Also Xbox: "Hey hey, don't be coming to our games show expecting games n shyt. Who do you think we are? Sony?!?":mjlol:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
:dead: Xbots willingly battling famine for the last decade.

dying-dead.gif

They might as well begin accompanying these announcements with Kickstarters & We Are The World playing in the background.

:smh: