Xbox supporters black excellence before and after it became cliche

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony does support groups... I mean just this year they were gun ho about gay pride month. Even gave out free pan back grounds.

Somehow they missed black pride month... But that's ok... I'm sure they were just busy

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:camby:

Stop letting these companies play with your emotions.

These are real issues you'r reducing to a console war.
They are real issues and as far as visibility there is only one big gaming company that has had led with leading main black character and advertisement.

And that's all alot of people ask for is representation.

You should give props where props is due when it comes to this.

This could have easily been a white "star" and instantly been more relatable and familiar with white people. Instead it isn't and for a company that "already" trying to win over fans and make themselves more of a house hold name. Leading with a a black actor is a "risk" they didn't have to take.

Last edited:

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
They are real issues and as far as visibility there is only one big gaming company that has had led with leading main black character and advertisement.

And that's all alot of people ask for is representation.

You should give props where props is due when it comes to this.

This could have easily been a white "star" and instantly been more relatable and familiar with white people. Instead it isn't and for a company that "already" trying to win over fans and make themselves more of a house hold name. Leading with a a black actor is a "risk" they didn't have to take.

Okay, I don't think they're due.

I'm still waiting on a scientific breakdown how "representation" improves anything.

Xbox isn't "evil" for pandering in the age of "#BLM," my issue is this type of shyt being masked as progress.

Meanwhile;

40% of black-owned businesses not expected to survive coronavirus

There were more than 1 million black-owned businesses in the U.S. at the beginning of February, according to research from the University of California at Santa Cruz, which drew from Census survey estimates. By mid-April, 440,000 black business owners had shuttered their company for good — a 41% plunge. By comparison, 17% of white-owned businesses closed during the same period, the UC Santa Cruz research shows.

If the OP makes you feel good, I won't criticize you for it.

But, "feel good" can't be a substitute for change.

I'm a 32 year old black man and I am done celebrating incremental change and progress.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I'm still waiting on a scientific breakdown how "representation" improves anything.

Xbox isn't "evil" for pandering in the age of "#BLM," my issue is this type of shyt being masked as progress.

Meanwhile;

I'm a 32 year old black man and I am done celebrating incremental change and progress.
Can't be worse than have little to none and or majority extreme stereotypes tied to what we do have. Calling this pandering is a huge reach, it's a black actor in a xbox having the lead in a xbox commercial when all the buzz lately hasn't been on BLM.

It's good to have representation, it matters especially when it isn't forced, which this commercial isn't.

It's really that simple, normalizing black people in all area's and not just "sports, rappers, entertainers and criminals" is good.

And for the record I agree with the pandering that does absolutely nothing in the long run that was going on earlier this year.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Phil Spencer is white privilege personified, perhaps even more than Trump

They should give his or Greenberg’s job to a black man, then we’ll talk

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Dudes are gullible as fukk. :francis:
Just because it's like that on this side...
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/sony-blacklivesmatter.783573/

Means you refuse you recognize whenever a company does right by "us"?

Microsoft in it's past was funny styles, and now they got a non white ceo :stopitslime:

Meanwhile;

Well you're young and dumb in the game. Xbox ain't got shyt to do with what you talking about. What the fukk does coronavirus gotta do with this? Yes, we all know corona racist as fukk.

So anyways, the only black people in videogames was sports games. No marketing, no nothing. If you watch e3, any Xbox showcase show whatever? You've seen a ton of black faces. For years they been doing this, before it became cool.

So I get it, but don't scoff at actual progress, cuz now you're being a hater. This isn't supposed to end racism in America, it's just a small step towards normalizing seeking black faces in other places...
Phil Spencer is white privilege personified, perhaps even more than Trump

They should give his or Greenberg’s job to a black man, then we’ll talk
Great speech :yawn: