Xbox Series X could be Microsofts last console

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nintendo is one thing, but Sony already has a streaming service.

Xbox has to put their AAA games on gamepass out of need. But if their competitors (esp Nintendo since they have no service) decide to go all in on streaming....guess who gets left in the dust? It ain't Sony or Nintendo.

3rd parties also don't want to do this as it severely cuts into their revenue and margins. This ain't TV or movies.
Comcast and NBC have a streaming service. Would you say it compares favorably to Netflix? Having a service and reaching a sustainable scale of providing it with content are two different things. Sony has no intention of doing what Microsoft is looking to do with Game Pass. Microsoft says whatever game we release it's on our service day 1 no extra charge. That's what being all in looks like. In the short term such an approach is likely to lose money and cost sales in the long term as more and better games are released and more studios are acquired it drives customer loyalty and grows the base.

Sony says we have a service, you can play our older games on it and older 3rd party titles but everything newer is full price at a store. Who really wants that? The best draw of Game Pass is that day one promise. Sony and Nintendo can't scale such a service. It takes a tech juggernaut like Google, Apple, Amazon, Meta, Microsoft to do such a service because if Sony tried to pivot to such a model the short to medium term losses the business change would generate would destroy them.

It's just like how Disney doesn't want to go all in on Disney+. They still want to put movies in theaters and have movie windows because if they don't the losses would be painful. Netflix is all in on streaming. Whatever they make is day 1 on Netflix. They DGAF about a movie theater unless it's to chase awards. Until Disney goes all in on streaming Netflix will remain out of reach.

Until Sony goes all in on a subscription service their subs aren't gonna be all that high.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Comcast and NBC have a streaming service. Would you say it compares favorably to Netflix? Having a service and reaching a sustainable scale of providing it with content are two different things. Sony has no intention of doing what Microsoft is looking to do with Game Pass. Microsoft says whatever game we release it's on our service day 1 no extra charge. That's what being all in looks like. In the short term such an approach is likely to lose money and cost sales in the long term as more and better games are released and more studios are acquired it drives customer loyalty and grows the base.

Sony says we have a service, you can play our older games on it and older 3rd party titles but everything newer is full price at a store. Who really wants that? The best draw of Game Pass is that day one promise. Sony and Nintendo can't scale such a service. It takes a tech juggernaut like Google, Apple, Amazon, Meta, Microsoft to do such a service because if Sony tried to pivot to such a model the short to medium term losses the business change would generate would destroy them.

It's just like how Disney doesn't want to go all in on Disney+. They still want to put movies in theaters and have movie windows because if they don't the losses would be painful. Netflix is all in on streaming. Whatever they make is day 1 on Netflix. They DGAF about a movie theater unless it's to chase awards. Until Disney goes all in on streaming Netflix will remain out of reach.

Until Sony goes all in on a subscription service their subs aren't gonna be all that high.

Gamepass isn’t even that high.:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
You say it's not that high but it basically already has 4x the sub base that PS Now has if we give Sony 5 million subs.
‘And sony makes far more money off subscriptions than microsoft. You can see it in their fiscal reports

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Not that I have a dog in this fight but last time I checked I couldn't buy a damn Xbox X....Like anywhere without going outta my way.
So how is the X struggling, numbers low, not selling and below forecasts when "I CANT EVEN BUY A DAMN CONSOLE!? Someone explain this to me
8Mfc.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Not that I have a dog in this fight but last time I checked I couldn't buy a damn Xbox X....Like anywhere without going outta my way.
So how is the X struggling, numbers low, not selling and below forecasts when "I CANT EVEN BUY A DAMN CONSOLE!? Someone explain this to me
8Mfc.gif

We warrin bro