Xbox Gold will go the way of the dodo once gamepass hits specific milestone

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I understand paying Scottie Pippen.
I don't understand not paying for GamePass if you have an Xbox.
There's really people out there with just an Xbox Gold membership?
Plenty. The Halo crew i run with only has gold. No need for GayAss Ultrashyt.:yeshrug:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I never understood the backlash for that people really stressing the price of GamePass?

a 100% price increase for basic online services to force people into gamepass was rightfully the cause of the outrage. Especially when Microsoft were still locking F2P games behind online

Basically this. You are doubling the price of Gold and providing no additional value, all in an effort to make the price of Game Pass more attractive. That's some scumbag shyt.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Truth vs lies...
So you sayin by gettin rid of gold online gonna be free? No gamepass ultimate required for online if golds gone?:lupe:
With Xbox moving beyond just consoles, they really going after the PC space. PC already doesn't pay for gold so it already looks funny in the light. They are well aware, so the options are gold for everyone or gold for no one.

DID YOU FOR ONE SECOND THINK GAMEPASS WAS GONNA EXPLODE IN THE PC SPACE WITH AN ADDED GOLD SUBSCRIPTION?:usure:
I understand paying Scottie Pippen.
I don't understand not paying for GamePass if you have an Xbox.
There's really people out there with just an Xbox Gold membership?
The only people who do that are Sony fanboys who take this shyt personally. HBO+ stay getting new movies, I don't wanna buy it. But I know I'd love it if I had it (I can stream anything for free but still...)
Basically this. You are doubling the price of Gold and providing no additional value, all in an effort to make the price of Game Pass more attractive. That's some scumbag shyt.
I hear you Sony Stan so let's see your opinion on this :popcorn3:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

I believe this thread's topic was about Xbox Live. What does one pricing method of another company have to do with Microsoft's attempted increase and rollback of Xbox Live pricing?

Microsoft literally told people they were doubling the price of Live with no added benefit.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I believe this thread's topic was about Xbox Live. What does one pricing method of another company have to do with Microsoft's attempted increase and rollback of Xbox Live pricing?

Microsoft literally told people they were doubling the price of Live with no added benefit
Yeah I've already covered this topic in great detail then you replied with the whole scumbag angle. Then I show you real scumbag shyt and your like nah nah nah let's not talk about that. Ok, so you wanna talk about the topic I already discussed in great detail? Then respond to this....
Truth vs lies...

With Xbox moving beyond just consoles, they really going after the PC space. PC already doesn't pay for gold so it already looks funny in the light. They are well aware, so the options are gold for everyone or gold for no one.

DID YOU FOR ONE SECOND THINK GAMEPASS WAS GONNA EXPLODE IN THE PC SPACE WITH AN ADDED GOLD SUBSCRIPTION?:usure:

The only people who do that are Sony fanboys who take this shyt personally. HBO+ stay getting new movies, I don't wanna buy it. But I know I'd love it if I had it (I can stream anything for free but still...)

Thanks for playing tho :thumbsup:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I've already covered this topic in great detail then you replied with the whole scumbag angle. Then I show you real scumbag shyt and your like nah nah nah let's not talk about that. Ok, so you wanna talk about the topic I already discussed in great detail? Then respond to this....

Thanks for playing tho :thumbsup:

Your argument is silly because what does INCREASING the price of Xbox Live Gold have to do with MICROSOFT trying to capture more PC users? You keep talking about Game Pass but Game Pass is not XBL Gold.

"Gold for everyone or Gold for no one" If this was actually going to be a thing they would of eliminated Xbox Live Gold completely instead of DOUBLING the price of it with NO ADDED BENEFIT. Anyone who follows gaming sees where Microsoft is heading but doubling the price of a service and adding nothing makes no sense.

You then throw Sony into the discussion on some "Bu Bu they do crappy stuff too" like that justifies the practice of doubling the price of a service while adding nothing. With this dumb ass point you manage to go off topic in your own damn thread.

I thought you were just trolling at first but you might be legit delayed.:francis:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Your argument is silly because what does INCREASING the price of Xbox Live Gold have to do with MICROSOFT trying to capture more PC users? You keep talking about Game Pass but Game Pass is not XBL Gold.

"Gold for everyone or Gold for no one" If this was actually going to be a thing they would of eliminated Xbox Live Gold completely instead of DOUBLING the price of it with NO ADDED BENEFIT. Anyone who follows gaming sees where Microsoft is heading but doubling the price of a service and adding nothing makes no sense.

You then throw Sony into the discussion on some "Bu Bu they do crappy stuff too" like that justifies the practice of doubling the price of a service while adding nothing. With this dumb ass point you manage to go off topic in your own damn thread.

I thought you were just trolling at first but you might be legit delayed.:francis:
I think I'm too fast for you, that's what is going on here so I'll slow it down.

Microsoft was never going to do that, I know you keep saying it but it didn't happen.

Why would they do that, are they struggling for money? is the Xbox division losing money, yes or no? Is gamepass blowing up or is it stagnant? Nothing supports your thoughts, you're running with headlines, I'm using logic. How could they capture the PC crowd if they were going to start charging for online play when they never have? And all PC players say they'll never would do that because they don't have to. From a simple logic standpoint that was never going to happen.

simple logic

like, the simplest of logic

go ask any PC gamer if that was ever on the table, so what could they be up to if this was a pump fake? I understand you don't understand business and marketing. But watch what happens when it does. They will be praised for not being crooks anymore while Sony fanboys who openly said they wouldn't get a PS4 if they charged for PSN, will be paying for online gaming on PSN while Xbox who is for the people is not.

It's not going to be a good look, don't be mad at what's to come bruh, maybe nikkaz on a few forums is why Microsoft decided not to do it. It really doesn't matter, How much will gamepass cost a year, what's the cheapest price I can get that for is what they trying to figure out. I'm guessing $99. It won't be the 120 you thought, that was just a tester on $$$ reactions nah mean...

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think I'm too fast for you, that's what is going on here so I'll slow it down.

Microsoft was never going to do that, I know you keep saying it but it didn't happen.

Why would they do that, are they struggling for money? is the Xbox division losing money, yes or no? Is gamepass blowing up or is it stagnant? Nothing supports your thoughts, you're running with headlines, I'm using logic. How could they capture the PC crowd if they were going to start charging for online play when they never have? And all PC players say they'll never would do that because they don't have to. From a simple logic standpoint that was never going to happen.

simple logic

like, the simplest of logic

go ask any PC gamer if that was ever on the table, so what could they be up to if this was a pump fake? I understand you don't understand business and marketing. But watch what happens when it does. They will be praised for not being crooks anymore while Sony fanboys who openly said they wouldn't get a PS4 if they charged for PSN, will be paying for online gaming on PSN while Xbox who is for the people is not.

It's not going to be a good look, don't be mad at what's to come bruh, maybe nikkaz on a few forums is why Microsoft decided not to do it. It really doesn't matter, How much will gamepass cost a year, what's the cheapest price I can get that for is what they trying to figure out. I'm guessing $99. It won't be the 120 you thought, that was just a tester on $$$ reactions nah mean...

The funny thing about this post is that you actually think you said something here. Keep living in your fantasy world, old man.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
They did increase Xbox LIve to $120 a year before falling back because of the backlash.

They tried to scare people away from Gold so they would switch to Gamepass Ultimate. Horrible PR move. I'd glad they bounced back. They almost ruined the XSX launch.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They tried to scare people away from Gold so they would switch to Gamepass Ultimate. Horrible PR move. I'd glad they bounced back. They almost ruined the XSX launch.

a corporation as large as Microsoft doesn’t make a decision like that on a whim so it’ll be interesting to see how they plan on getting those subscriptions in the future. They already showed their cards with that desperation move