Xbox Gold will go the way of the dodo once gamepass hits specific milestone

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
What is that milestone? I can't tell you that but I can tell you this. They anticipate a boom to the gamepass userbase this fall and that should put them over that milestone.

Remember at the end of the PS3 generation when Sony gamers said they would go to Xbox if Sony forced you to buy PSN for online multiplayer?

This gen they got PSN fees just to play PS4 games at $70 or held back next gen titles which are really just high res PS4 games :picard:

I'm outta here...

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
9fhTfgG.jpg

Legalese

Banned
Daps
Gamepass ultimate is a few more dollars than PS Plus and puts Playstation Now to shame.
MS has become very consumer friendly, a lot more people should take advantage.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Gamepass ultimate is a few more dollars than PS Plus and puts Playstation Now to shame.
MS has become very consumer friendly, a lot more people should take advantage.

By far the most consumer friendly of the big 3 and it's not even close at this point:hubie:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
They did increase Xbox LIve to $120 a year before falling back because of the backlash.
It's called marketing. You see, if they was really going to do that they would have done it. Of course there will be backlash whenever prices go up on anything. Why would they charge double, what are they giving you too warrant such a hike?

The assumption is gamepass on top. But Microsoft knew the pump fake, then the removal of gold altogether is a bigger deal. And they essentially got rid of gold way before they rumored price increase. From what I've heard, this has been the plant all along because PC gamers or non console gamers is who Microsoft is after.

DO YOU THINK PC GAMERS WHO ALREADY DON'T PAY FOR GOLD WOULD NOW PAY DOUBLE? WOULD YOU?

It was never going to happen, they will get 100s of millions of subscriptions over the course of this generation and the profits will be astronomical. Get Microsoft stock ASAP, no Cap

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's called marketing. You see, if they was really going to do that they would have done it. Of course there will be backlash whenever prices go up on anything. Why would they charge double, what are they giving you too warrant such a hike?

The assumption is gamepass on top. But Microsoft knew the pump fake, then the removal of gold altogether is a bigger deal. And they essentially got rid of gold way before they rumored price increase. From what I've heard, this has been the plant all along because PC gamers or non console gamers is who Microsoft is after.

DO YOU THINK PC GAMERS WHO ALREADY DON'T PAY FOR GOLD WOULD NOW PAY DOUBLE? WOULD YOU?

It was never going to happen, they will get 100s of millions of subscriptions over the course of this generation and the profits will be astronomical. Get Microsoft stock ASAP, no Cap
So you sayin by gettin rid of gold online gonna be free? No gamepass ultimate required for online if golds gone?:lupe: