Xbox Console Streaming (Preview) Expands To More Markets Today

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Xbox Console Streaming (Preview) is Expanding - Xbox Wire

Xbox Insiders in all Xbox One-supported countries can try the preview and help shape the future of game streaming starting today. That means you can try out the Xbox Console Streaming (Preview)!

Xbox Console Streaming is our new system feature that enables you to play your owned and installed Xbox One games, including Xbox Game Pass titles, on your Android phone or tablet, streamed from your home console. We view the public preview as an important step in our journey to deliver game streaming to Xbox players around the world! We are learning from Xbox Insiders like you whenever you participate in these new technologies.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So interesting tidbit i noticed, the preview has gamepass games and a few that aren't but... every game that wasn't ended up on gamepass (tekken 7 was one example)

There's a few titles on there now that ain't gamepass yet :whistle:
Im not gonna name the titles but one of them is an EA game. And after putting some thought into it it would make sense for EA to include certain titles for gamepass.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Put this shyt for Apple IOS trying to play on my ipad pro 12.9
word I want to see how it is. My phone for some dumb reason don't have 5ghz so I can't really get a good gauge for how it performs. On the Ipad I remote my PS4 and PC no problem.

Edit: I just signed up to the Xbox Project X cloud streaming for IOS and a hour later got accepted for the Android preview.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow I'm impressed. Even on my 2.4ghz work wifi I was able to stream it. There was lots of image quality issues like compression and whatnot from the connection quality, latency was very good. I felt like I could've played with no issue.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wow I'm impressed. Even on my 2.4ghz work wifi I was able to stream it. There was lots of image quality issues like compression and whatnot from the connection quality, latency was very good. I felt like I could've played with no issue.
:whistle::whistle:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Don't get too excited now it's not going to work miracles. At home on my 2.4ghz network it's unplayable but on 5ghz Network it's perfect. My PS4 remote play is the same too on the iPad.
5ghz test

2.4ghz test

Your 2.4hz likely isn't the problem, see, maybe things have changed but you had a history of internet not working properly. I remember that happening top you alot during the good old uncharted days. Unless you got bootleg wifi then there's a different issue affecting your game.

I tried it at home (flawless) on metro pcs (stable, decent, just random hiccups) and on Walmart wifi and that worked like at home (flawless). Now all experiences won't be the same but the why is what's important. People are quick to say data centers but there's a bunch of other factors that could be the reason. Have you troubleshooted? The beta forums will have info that might solve your issues :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your 2.4hz likely isn't the problem, see, maybe things have changed but you had a history of internet not working properly. I remember that happening top you alot during the good old uncharted days. Unless you got bootleg wifi then there's a different issue affecting your game.

I tried it at home (flawless) on metro pcs (stable, decent, just random hiccups) and on Walmart wifi and that worked like at home (flawless). Now all experiences won't be the same but the why is what's important. People are quick to say data centers but there's a bunch of other factors that could be the reason. Have you troubleshooted? The beta forums will have info that might solve your issues :manny:
:russell:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:ohhh:

Getting rave reviews

Have you ever tried any of these streaming apps? With a good internet connection they all perform similarly.

At work we have a 2.4ghz Wifi network for guests and in my building there's a separate 5ghz wifi network for training that isn't used much. I've tried Moonlight(Streams from your desktop PC), Steam Link, Parsec and they all work very good. Some apps are more fidgety and require tuning but works and quality can be changed for your liking.

The device you use matters too.

On the Ipad Steam Link and Moonlight works great. I tried Moonlight/Steam Link on a Chromebook and it was terrible even on the same network at work. Even at home it was terrible on a local network. I guess the network card or app wasn't very well supported for Chromebook.

The Ipad works perfect for all the apps I've tried. PS Remote Play plays perfectly at home and even remotely here. It's actually less visual blemishes when streaming on this network meanwhile the Project Xcloud app on this same network has some sort of constant screen tearing or something.

At home it's perfect on my 5ghz. I can't comment on the Android Xcloud app as it's only on Android and my phone only has 2.4ghz Wifi support :snoop:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Have you ever tried any of these streaming apps? With a good internet connection they all perform similarly.

At work we have a 2.4ghz Wifi network for guests and in my building there's a separate 5ghz wifi network for training that isn't used much. I've tried Moonlight(Streams from your desktop PC), Steam Link, Parsec and they all work very good. Some apps are more fidgety and require tuning but works and quality can be changed for your liking.

The device you use matters too.

On the Ipad Steam Link and Moonlight works great. I tried Moonlight/Steam Link on a Chromebook and it was terrible even on the same network at work. Even at home it was terrible on a local network. I guess the network card or app wasn't very well supported for Chromebook.

The Ipad works perfect for all the apps I've tried. PS Remote Play plays perfectly at home and even remotely here. It's actually less visual blemishes when streaming on this network meanwhile the Project Xcloud app on this same network has some sort of constant screen tearing or something.

At home it's perfect on my 5ghz. I can't comment on the Android Xcloud app as it's only on Android and my phone only has 2.4ghz Wifi support :snoop:

I don't use many often to be completely honest, and especially not for gaming but I agree with what you have post here and in other threads over all based on my experiences.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't use many often to be completely honest, and especially not for gaming but I agree with what you have post here and in other threads over all based on my experiences.
If MSFT finds a way to bundle Gamepass+Xcloud for cheap and keep it as it is it would be a beast.

Technically PS Now is already doing this with streaming and offering downloads for PS4 games.

Last edited: